Ranking the top 16 head coaches (1 Viewer)

@Saint Kamara I think your list works better in tiers:

S
1. Belichick

A+
2. Reid
3. Tomlin
4. Payton

A
5. Harbaugh
6. McVay
7. Carroll
8. Shannahan

A-
9. McDermott
10. Vrable
11. Arians
12. LaFleur

B+
13. Taylor
14. Reich
15. Stefanski
16. Kingsbury
17. Rivera

I think the top 3 should be clear to anyone. Reid has done great with two organizations. Tomlin has never had a losing season. Let’s see what happens next year though.

Until this season, I would have put Payton with Harbaugh and Carroll. (McVay and Shannahan were in a different, “too young to tell” tier.) This 9-8 record with 4 starting QBs and dealing with all the adversity puts him over the top.

Also, I’m adding Rivera as #17. I think he has gotten more out of that WFT roster than most coaches would.

This is a pretty interesting discussion. There is a coach not on this list that has an almost identical career path and record to Sean. Both were with their first teams over 10 years getting their first jobs in 2006, both won a Super Bowl with a HOF quarterback, one has a 10-9 playoff record while the other has a 9-8 playoff record. Both have had very disappointing exits from the playoffs on multiple occasions. They also both have a 60+% career win rate. One is ranked 2nd on this list and the other isn't even mentioned?

This is a pretty interesting discussion. There is a coach not on this list that has an almost identical career path and record to Sean. Both were with their first teams over 10 years getting their first jobs in 2006, both won a Super Bowl with a HOF quarterback, one has a 10-9 playoff record while the other has a 9-8 playoff record. Both have had very disappointing exits from the playoffs on multiple occasions. They also both have a 60+% career win rate. One is ranked 2nd on this list and the other isn't even mentioned?
Yeah, that guy is being made to look like a horse's behind by the very guy our now retired coach is supposedly eating his own arm off to go work for????

Yeah, that guy is being made to look like a horse's behind by the very guy our now retired coach is supposedly eating his own arm off to go work for????
It's what ole Jerrah is good at!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom