Rankins and Davenport are Critical for the Saints Defensive Success (1 Viewer)

Well I think they have proven that Rankins is more like a bonus. Davenport is more critical based on observation and it’s critical he stays healthy so he doesn’t move toward the busy column. I still believe in the young man.

That's how I see it as well. I feel like DT is a strength. Even without Rankins we currently have four other guys who've been full time starters in the league and behind them a few other guys have flashed some talent.

I'm hoping Rankins can return to his '18 form though. If that guy ever takes the field again then our D Line will be one of the best in football. He's only 26 years old so I'm hoping he can bounce back.

If we don't generate a pass rush from our defensive ends then the result will be the same as the last three years. We'll have enoough to look legit but fall apart in the playoffs.

If we don't generate a pass rush from our defensive ends then the result will be the same as the last three years. We'll have enoough to look legit but fall apart in the playoffs.

Yep. It's all on our players staying healthy because DA isn't the kind of DC who is going to scheme up a lot of pressure. He's not exactly Dick LeBeau when it comes to that.

I have been beating this drum.
Minnesota Miracle, couldnt get to ......
No Call, couldnt get to Geoff....
Minnesota...again couldnt get to Counsins...

A lot of games we lost bc Saints Defensive ends went bust towards the end of the year.

I think being able to stop the run is going to be a bigger deal than normal this year. With shorter camps, little or no preseason, etc. I see most teams having to start the year with more conservative, Vanilla style offenses, simply because of lack of practice together. If our D-line can consistently stuff the run, we will either handcuff other teams, or force them to take risks they aren't ready to take in order to catch up. Go get 'em , big boys!

I think the run stuffing will be there. It has been stout and there is no reason I can see it would fall off. I would have loved it if we could have kept Apple for depth but, as in all years, if the back end stays healthy we will fair we’ll against the pass as well. Especially if Davenport is healthy and fulfills the promise he has flashed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom