Rankins expected to be out about 6 weeks due to fractured fibula [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

This feels like one of those dreams you wish you can just wake up from

That's relatively good news. At worst, could be a short-term IR candidate. We could also just let him ride it out the first few weeks.
I'm with this..rather a break then a torn ligament (cause then he would be done for the year)..since it happened early maybe a week 8 return or earlier? I don't know how long it takes for a fibula to heal.

Ranking expected to be out about 6 weeks due to fractured fibula

Per ESPN Rankins has a fractured fibula and will miss 6 weeks. This would be considered good news if this is indeed the case because he could be back early in the season.

So.. PER Adam Schefter he'll be out 6 weeks following surgery per source.

I'm sure someone has the tweet.

If that is true about the fibula, then it is good news...smaller bones of the leg

6 to 8 weeks unless they have some advanced form of treatment to speed up the healing.

This was best case scenario. Any injury is bad...but when an air cast comes out...you know it's a fracture...but your hoping it's the fibula and not the tibia.

It was probably displaced...therefore the air cast and attention of teammates. He may get surgery...but IR-designation to return is probably worst case scenario.

I'm with this..rather a break then a torn ligament (cause then he would be done for the year)..since it happened early maybe a week 8 return or earlier?

Week 8? We have 3 weeks left of pre-season. Those count towards his recovery. Add another 4 weeks and it should be early October when he comes back. Think around week 4.

This is not nearly as bad as assumed; it us actually the best news we could have expected all things considered.

We should be thankful it's just that and not a torn ACL or achilles tendon injury that would have probably ended his season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom