Rankins expected to be out about 6 weeks due to fractured fibula [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I had a broken fibula. non weight bearing, just reset and rest. fine in 6 -8 weeks, but i wasnt playing in the nfl.

Didn't have the doctors or resources I am sure that he has at his disposal either. Most of these athletes heal a lot quicker than the normal person as well. Should have no problem getting back by the October Panthers game

There are a lot of good Hyperbaric Chambers around $10,000. Should we start a gofundme?

Can someone point to another instance of a rookie coming back from injury mid-season and having success? It'd be nice to have any type of similar cases to reference here.

big guy, broken fibula, while its not season ending he will probably be out more than the 6 weeks being reported.

Painful sorry he had to go through that but at least not career threatening the bone will actually become stronger when it mends. I would rest him until the 3rd quarter of the season. Rankins is a baller and looks to be one of the best 3 tech tackles since La'Roi Glover.

So I assume he would be able to do little to no exercise during recovery - not good for a big man.

Painful sorry he had to go through that but at least not career threatening the bone will actually become stronger when it mends. I would rest him until the 3rd quarter of the season. Rankins is a baller and looks to be one of the best 3 tech tackles since La'Roi Glover.

Why that long? He will be pretty much fully healed by week 3, possibly week 2 of the season.

So I assume he would be able to do little to no exercise during recovery - not good for a big man.

He will be able to ease into exercise around 5-6 weeks from now. Fibula isn't really that big of a deal to recover from.

Considering the circumstances, a broken fibula is great news! It has been documented that numerous athletes still play through broken fibulas. The fibula is essentially the bone that helps to support and bolster the larger tibia. We should get him back after the BYE week! Rest up Mr. Rankins and get well soon! WHO DAT NATION needs you! :9:

Can someone point to another instance of a rookie coming back from injury mid-season and having success? It'd be nice to have any type of similar cases to reference here.

Not a rookie but Marques Colston broke his collar bone in the 2nd quarter of the season, he came back two weeks latter and had a very good season.

Can you put him on pup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out the bad news today during my lunch break. It literately bummed me out. This news helps some. Get well, Rankins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom