Rankins expected to be out about 6 weeks due to fractured fibula [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

That's relatively good news. At worst, could be a short-term IR candidate. We could also just let him ride it out the first few weeks.

If we get him back by the October 16th Panthers game after the bye week in 2 months that's a blessing only missing 4 games.

Depends on how bad of a break it is, if surgery 4-6 months, to just a few weeks in minor fracture

Not season-ending, should be back around October hopefully

6 to 8 weeks unless they have some advanced form of treatment to speed up the healing.

I think that as long as his ankle/tendons are relatively unaffected then he should be ok. Depends on how long the bone will take to heal/regain strength and flexibility.

It is a 6 to 7 week injury as long as no ligaments are damaged, and that is for people who are not athletes and do not have access to the top of the line doctors in the NFL. I say he is back playing in week 3 or 4.

Get well soon.
Sad news but looking forward for him to be an impact player when he comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a broken fibula. non weight bearing, just reset and rest. fine in 6 -8 weeks, but i wasnt playing in the nfl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom