Rankins expected to play Sunday. (1 Viewer)

This one's got me salivating:

Jordan - Fairley - Rankins - Kruger

Vaccaro - Robertson - Stupar

Breaux - Bell - Byrd - Moore

This one's got me salivating:

Jordan - Fairley - Rankins - Kruger

Vaccaro - Robertson - Stupar

Breaux - Bell - Byrd - Moore

Only problem with that package is the Dline has to stay in their rush lanes because if Kaepernick escapes the pocket there is a serious lack of speed at the 2nd level of that D.

Could lead to some untimely conversions that really gas/frustrate the defense. Could be another week of mush rushing from the edge while the interior D does the stunting and attacking.

I hope that he sacks Kaepernick(sp) then celebrates by turning to the flag with his hand over his heart. Would make my day.

giphy.gif

D-line and DBs getting healthy. Even just from a depth standpoint is good. What they will bring as starters is even better. Game 1 will show improvement for the D. Games 2 and 3 will show even more improvement for the D.

It's important to remember he'll likely see only 15-20 snaps. He'll probably have a little rust as well. Please don't expect him to come in and be Aaron Donald in his first week. All that being said, I'm freakin excited and will be watching him carefully when he's in

Everyone needs to pump the brakes a little. 15-20 snaps? For a rookie who hasn't played a down of football since August 14th? Try 4-5 snaps. Also do not forget he's a rookie DT so it's going to take him awhile to get used to the differences of the pro game. I expect his appearances to be brief in his first game back. Once he gets up to speed his snaps will increase.

Everyone needs to pump the brakes a little. 15-20 snaps? For a rookie who hasn't played a down of football since August 14th? Try 4-5 snaps. Also do not forget he's a rookie DT it's going to take him awhile to get used to the differences of the pro game. I expect his appearances to be brief in his first game back.

Your pessimism is legendary

Very good point, but the over/under on him getting called a "bust" in the gameday thread is still sitting at 8.5 ...

hahahaha, nah Ingram and Peat are bust, Rankins is just another injury prone player picked up by a blind FO.

Just trying to keep expectations realistic. Let me ask you this - how many snaps do you expect Rankins to play? 15-20 or closer to 4-5? You have solid football knowledge so I'd like your opinion.

Easily 10-15.

Ellerbe coming off a quad played as many as he could stand and his was a soft tissue injury.

Rankins isn't soft tissue and people keep ignoring the fact that he was listed as the Starter a week after we figured out what he could do in TC. He's not as green as is being indicated and its not unfathomable to imagine him even starting though its unlikely but I think 10-15 is a good #. If you are only going to play him 4-5 snaps after IR'ing him and giving him an month after the anticipated time it would have been a poor use of resources. In that case you keep him on the roster and work him in slowly week 5 or 6.

They gave him ample time to make sure he was fully recovered. Really the only thing likely stopping him from playing a full game is conditioning but the injury is probably 100%.

hahahaha, nah Ingram and Peat are bust, Rankins is just another injury prone player picked up by a blind FO.

How can you say Ingram and Peat are busts when they are major contributors on the team and Rankins is not an injury prone player. He broke his leg and as far as I know this is the first significant injury he has sustained. Where did you get this information from.

For the next couple of weeks I am just happy that Rankins (hopefully) can be a part of the DL rotation. At minimum at the outset he offers quality depth and a breather for some of the guys on the field a lot of snaps. Rankins still has to get used to the pace of the regular season, play himself into football shape and learn the nuances in real time of the Saints defensive strategies, which have evolved since pre season.
In the long term I really believe he has a chance to be a difference maker in the middle along side Fairley and that this alone will give the DE's/LB's more opportunities for sacks.

How can you say Ingram and Peat are busts when they are major contributors on the team and Rankins is not an injury prone player. He broke his leg and as far as I know this is the first significant injury he has sustained. Where did you get this information from.

sarcasm.gif.fb1974982230c285501a0340573469eb.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom