Rankins expected to play Sunday. (1 Viewer)

How can you say Ingram and Peat are busts when they are major contributors on the team and Rankins is not an injury prone player. He broke his leg and as far as I know this is the first significant injury he has sustained. Where did you get this information from.

Wrong. Ingram is a fumbling machine, Peat is a child trying to play in a man's world, and Rankins is made of glass.

But seriously, I think you may have overlooked the sarcasm.

Only problem with that package is the Dline has to stay in their rush lanes because if Kaepernick escapes the pocket there is a serious lack of speed at the 2nd level of that D.

Could lead to some untimely conversions that really gas/frustrate the defense. Could be another week of mush rushing from the edge while the interior D does the stunting and attacking.

With that personnel, what would our pass D look like EJW? I dont know much about their skill guys overall. Maybe man the WRs n TE and/or 3rd WR with zone underneath n single safety high? Dont know if thats possible let alone a name for it though, lol!

With that personnel, what would our pass D look like EJW? I dont know much about their skill guys overall. Maybe man the WRs n TE and/or 3rd WR with zone underneath n single safety high? Dont know if thats possible let alone a name for it though, lol!

Idk..but If I had to guess you would play more zone because having a bunch of guys with their backs to a mobile QB ='s running lanes. Our MO has been zone + Man Pressures + Fake Pressure/zone and I don't expect it to be altered this game...especially not this game.

Though their WR corps isn't anything to run home about so maybe you can do a few more 5man pressures to get him uncomfy in the pocket...but if you lose contain on the blitz....20yds. 1st down

Idk..but If I had to guess you would play more zone because having a bunch of guys with their backs to a mobile QB ='s running lanes. Our MO has been zone + Man Pressures + Fake Pressure/zone and I don't expect it to be altered this game...especially not this game.

Though their WR corps isn't anything to run home about so maybe you can do a few more 5man pressures to get him uncomfy in the pocket...but if you lose contain on the blitz....20yds. 1st down

OK. Its because I was thinkin maybe we could have that 5th guy blitz, but moreso show blitz, then drop into coverage or even act as a spy on Kap. Keep Kap guessing.

Then I just read where Pete Caroll said on the last play of the game against the Saints, Russell Wilson saw blitz, but the Saints D disguised it so well up to the snap, all he could do was change line protection, not the routes.

So it seems Dennis Allen can be a lil sneaky with his blitz too!

I'm not expecting much the first weekend back, although I would be be very happy to be proven wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.

I expect Fairley to be the beastly one. I mean. This is his first NFL game AND he's coming off an injury. However, our DL would start to fold late in games....I expect THAT will be the difference. The depth will keep our DL fresh and we'll see less fatigue set in.

OK. Its because I was thinkin maybe we could have that 5th guy blitz, but moreso show blitz, then drop into coverage or even act as a spy on Kap. Keep Kap guessing.

Then I just read where Pete Caroll said on the last play of the game against the Saints, Russell Wilson saw blitz, but the Saints D disguised it so well up to the snap, all he could do was change line protection, not the routes.

So it seems Dennis Allen can be a lil sneaky with his blitz too!

That's Allens MO. He likes to disguise. Thats actually a good tidbit..the better our secondary gets at doing that the more exotic we can get and the more time it gives the Dline to get there.

Should also start turning into turnovers as our ability to win 1 on 1's gets better. It also adds a new facet once Breaux gets back because he can rotate coverages better and do more pre-snap things knowing he can call man to man on one side and let Breaux handle his guy.

Easily 10-15.

Ellerbe coming off a quad played as many as he could stand and his was a soft tissue injury.

Rankins isn't soft tissue and people keep ignoring the fact that he was listed as the Starter a week after we figured out what he could do in TC. He's not as green as is being indicated and its not unfathomable to imagine him even starting though its unlikely but I think 10-15 is a good #. If you are only going to play him 4-5 snaps after IR'ing him and giving him an month after the anticipated time it would have been a poor use of resources. In that case you keep him on the roster and work him in slowly week 5 or 6.

They gave him ample time to make sure he was fully recovered. Really the only thing likely stopping him from playing a full game is conditioning but the injury is probably 100%.

Because our line has actually been playing pretty well lately, I would expect him to get about 20 reps in rotation as he gets his playing legs under him. There is no reason to push him too hard and risk a strain or pull because there was too much too quick. Work him in, get him up to speed in game situations this game, with the intentions of letting him be ready to have a higher snap count against Denver which will be needed.

Because our line has actually been playing pretty well lately, I would expect him to get about 20 reps in rotation as he gets his playing legs under him. There is no reason to push him too hard and risk a strain or pull because there was too much too quick. Work him in, get him up to speed in game situations this game, with the intentions of letting him be ready to have a higher snap count against Denver which will be needed.

I think thats definitely a fair #.

I was also watching a recent NFL broadcast that was discussing the unwritten rule of never losing your job due to injury. Makes me wonder if when we break the huddle on defense If he's the starter. Would surprise people that are expecting him to be slowly worked in.

Here's a screenshot and accompanying quote of the play I was speaking of when Rankins beat a G very quickly. Rankins is 99

Garoppolo also showed off his quick release on a shallow crossing route to Martellus Bennett. Surely the play was designed to execute a quick throw in the first place, but on this particular pass the pocket had collapsed within two seconds and Garoppolo had the Saints’ Sheldon Rankins right in his face. Garoppolo did a good job standing back and throwing a strike, despite the pressure closing in on him.

Jimmy Garoppolo

Attachments

• 625-jimmy-garoppolo-throw-to-martellus-bennett-under-pressure.jpg
    625-jimmy-garoppolo-throw-to-martellus-bennett-under-pressure.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 39

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom