Rankins..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It seems to be understood that Sheldon will miss most of the season.

Maybe I’m just being blindly optimistic, but I think he’ll be ready to go early on.

It’s a torn Achilles in January, which used to be 1 year.

But with advancements in surgery and rehab, players are coming back faster and faster.

With Shel’s well known work ethic, he’s going to do everything needed to get back quickly.

If the injury is 9 months til he’s full speed, we’ll that's just September.

Plus with us picking up the 5th year option, you’ve got to think we feel good too.

Maybe I’m just being blindly optimistic, but I think he’ll be ready to go early on.

But with advancements in surgery and rehab, players are coming back faster and faster.

With Shel’s well known work ethic, he’s going to do everything needed to get back quickly.

Plus with us picking up the 5th year option, you’ve got to think we feel good too.

Okafor had an Achilles, and he came back pretty quickly and is OK AFAIK.

Probably looking at a midseason return given how late it happened. Not to mention this is a big man we're talking about here. I'd be happy if he were able to come back after the bye. But his safety is most important here so how ever long it takes for him to get back to 100% should be how long it takes.

Mid season at the earliest would be my guess. There's a reason why Brown and Edwards were signed in the off season.

Rankins has gotten better and better every season and there's no reason to rush him back so early in his career. This guy is on track to be a VERY good player...........................actually he already is.............:p

We’re going to miss Rankins, but I think this time off will allow Onyemata to break out. I think Rankins comes back after at least mid season and when he does come back he will be on limited reps for at least a few games.

I remember when Terrell Suggs had a partial tear of his in April 2012, he was back in five months.

He tore his other Achilles in September 2015, obviously couldn't play that season but came back the next season, so he along with Okafor both being D lineman should give us hope that whether it's a full or partial tear Rankins will be able to return to form once he's out there again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom