Rap: saints want to move up (1 Viewer)

Duh... we have a 40+ year old HOF QB and a young SB talented roster... we don't 100 picks... we just need 1 or 2 players that can add some new juice...

I still say we move up for one for the top 3 WRs... Or Murray... with the outside chance of an O-lineman or QB, should one really fall (like Aaron Rodgers / Laremy Tunsil Fall).

Last edited:
Trading up for anything other than a QB would be a mistake. This is too strong of a draft to lose mid-round picks and the Saints could easily be among the teams with the biggest need at QB next season.

Agree.

We have too many really good players whose rookie deals are about to come up. The only way to work around that is to have either a) MORE players on rookie deals to replace them or b) a QB on a rookie deal to drop the amount of $ you're allocating to what is, currently, the most expensive position on the roster.

The chances of having a 1st round pick in 2021 are looking grimmer by the hour.
We have an aggressive philosophy so it should hardly come as a surprise to see the Saints having a potential interest in moving up.

I will say this--I am hearing that a few teams are interested in "selling" their picks this year for picks next year. A team like Jacksonville, with two firsts, this year could be do it because they might want to load up on picks next year for the chance of targeting Trevor Lawrence. But others want to do it since they have not been able to do as much homework on this year's class as normal. I am not saying it will happen by any means but there is a very small chance that the Saints could--depending on what they offered--trade for a pick this year without sacrificing #24. At least this is what I have heard. That a team with multiple firsts could be willing to give the pick up in exchange for multiple picks next year and/or in 2022.

Trading up for anything other than a QB would be a mistake. This is too strong of a draft to lose mid-round picks and the Saints could easily be among the teams with the biggest need at QB next season.
Generally, I agree and you have to think that Tua and maybe Love would be potential targets. But I know they really like Ruggs so it would not surprise me to see them go in a different direction. They also like Jefferson but I think if they go up for someone it is one of the QBs or Ruggs.

We know this team moves up. It's the Saints MO.

Question is literally how far up, exactly? Top 10? For Tua? For Simmons? Top 15? For Ruggs? For Jefferson? Maybe four or five spots above? Could be any of those guys who fall for no reason like Jerry Jeudy.

The Saints always looking to move up. I just hope it’s to move up to guarantee one of the LBs. If we move up for Simmons I’ll be elated, but that would cost a ton of capital. If it’s for a WR I’ll be upset cause I like a ton of them in this draft. I rather trade up in the 3rd to get one that fell. If it’s a QB it better be because one of them fell unexpectedly. If it’s for CJ Henderson I would be quite fine with that as long as it’s not too high so we can still get a decent LB and WR.

The Saints always looking to move up. I just hope it’s to move up to guarantee one of the LBs. If we move up for Simmons I’ll be elated, but that would cost a ton of capital. If it’s for a WR I’ll be upset cause I like a ton of them in this draft. I rather trade up in the 3rd to get one that fell. If it’s a QB it better be because one of them fell unexpectedly. If it’s for CJ Henderson I would be quite fine with that as long as it’s not too high so we can still get a decent LB and WR.
This draft is deep at WR but there is a sense that not every receiver in this draft will emerge into being a true #1 receiver, much less a superstar. And the Saints really like Ruggs as well as Jefferson. I just think if they go up, expect a QB or WR. Maybe if Simmons fall but I just do not think that is the direction they will take.

My general thoughts.

I agree with sammymvpknight that moving up for a player at any position other than quarterback is likely a mistake. And making a big move up to get Jordan Love might be a mistake. But if Tua falls, I say go all in. I do offer this caveat. If the price for moving up to pick Jerry Jeudy is not unreasonable, go for it.

I realize I sound like an Alabama homer--I am not even an Alabama fan. But Tua and Jeudy are two of my favorite players in this draft on the offensive side.

A final note: I can't believe that Tua will fall past six.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom