Rapoport On The Saints (From The Pat McAfee Show) (1 Viewer)

I've heard many stories, as I'm sure we all have, about how hostile Payton could be over small, medium, and big things.

Losing Payton is still a big blow IMO, but I'm sure internally one of the positives for everyone in the building is things are probably less tense.

I've heard many stories, as I'm sure we all have, about how hostile Payton could be over small, medium, and big things.

Losing Payton is still a big blow IMO, but I'm sure internally one of the positives for everyone in the building is things are probably less tense.
Continuity is key. If someone else was coming in, I’d be nervous about this season.
Allen has been in the Saints/Payton system for more than a decade.
And I’m not including Loomis who knows what kind of coaches to hire if/when Carmichael goes.

Keeping things tense kept us in the hunt for 16 years. We'll see how things play out. Until then, "don't believe the hype". :gosaints:

Keeping things tense kept us in the hunt for 16 years. We'll see how things play out. Until then, "don't believe the hype". :gosaints:
Hey trust me I'm not one of those "Ahhh we don't need Payton/losing Payton isn't a big deal" type of fans now that he's gone.

I hope DA will be better than him. That's what every fan should always want whenever a new coach/player replaces the prior one.

Payton wasn’t gonna stay here forever. Personally, I thought he was on his last contract and retire and buy some island. Turned out it was a few years earlier, but that’s for a different story.

But to hire someone that was on his staff for so long with that same franchise, already has relationships with players, executives, and owners. It does set up nicely for a smooth transition.

Payton wasn’t gonna stay here forever. Personally, I thought he was on his last contract and retire and buy some island. Turned out it was a few years earlier, but that’s for a different story.

But to hire someone that was on his staff for so long with that same franchise, already has relationships with players, executives, and owners. It does set up nicely for a smooth transition.
I'm rooting for DA, I was just saying it's a little early to analyze coaching strategies.

Attention to detail is good but it would appear that CSP was a little toxic.

I am curious to know what DA’s vision for the team is going forward.
I guess we expected a little more focus on the defense than the offense-minded Payton, right? And it seems we've got that. But it doesn't seem as though we're slighting the offense either with a much improved WR corps. DA's not new to the locker room but his transtition to HC feels smooth, at least so far and maybe that's why, there's a little less toxicity. It's very interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom