Rapoport On The Saints (From The Pat McAfee Show) (1 Viewer)

Working with a friend up here in New York….been a raiders fan his whole life. We were talking if the Saints and Raiders both made the Super Bowl…two of the most hated teams of the NFL brass…

He thinks the Saints are stacked and it’s all on Winston, that’s an outside perspective anyways. Also talked about if MT13 could get back to form.

I believe we are a playoff team. We need Winston healthy all season along with the rest of the team, obviously. I understand why Dalton was signed though…backup QB is a lot better than last year.

Sean Payton's story is not finished

Was it Drew Brees or Sean Payton?

Will Sean Payton win another Superbowl with another team and new QB?

Will Mickey Loomis/Winston/Saints win a Superbowl in the next 3 years without Sean Payton

actor-danny-devito-231820_small.jpg

I've heard many stories, as I'm sure we all have, about how hostile Payton could be over small, medium, and big things.

Losing Payton is still a big blow IMO, but I'm sure internally one of the positives for everyone in the building is things are probably less tense.
My big knock with Payton is, for such an offensive genius, he never really did well without Brees under center. Winston was getting there though. I am real eager to see how things go with Allen as HC as the moves hes made this offseason is moves I feel Payton should of been making 2-3 years ago. So we shall see.

Saints have been looking really good in camp. I'm super high on them if the Oline can come together.
Not worried about the O-line. THIS year boils down to how well Jameis evolves. He just needs to be good, not great. Do not force throws. He has all of the supporting cast around him. Probably more talent then Brees ever had, from an overall team perspective.

Not worried about the O-line. THIS year boils down to how well Jameis evolves. He just needs to be good, not great. Do not force throws. He has all of the supporting cast around him. Probably more talent then Brees ever had, from an overall team perspective.
this x1000. rely on the defense, doesnt have to be a world beater, just dont screw up at the most inopportune time.

Every year our season gets derailed by the Oline underperforming. So, this obession with Winston is getting weird.

Things being “less tense” sounds good in a vacuum, but we sure did win a lot of games when things were “tense,” just sayin'.

xEoDxhV.jpg

I know, this is a lame bump, but our performance this year and our recent spate of errors that point to poor discipline and lack of attention to detail brings me back to this post from the summer…I sure do miss our tense days.

This aged well. Certainly not giving Jamies a pass but...this Oline is definitely underperforming and we've looked like garbage on Offense
Line has been much better the last two games. They didn’t allow a sack till midway through the third last week and allowed 2 the first 3 quarters against Tampa.

The whole offense needs to be better but specifically Pete Carmichael and Jameis Winston

Line has been much better the last two games. They didn’t allow a sack till midway through the third last week and allowed 2 the first 3 quarters against Tampa.

The whole offense needs to be better but specifically Pete Carmichael and Jameis Winston
I don't think the lack of sacks is an indication of good line play. Rushed and bad throws are often an indication of QB not getting protection and those don't end up on a sack count. Also, our running game hasn't been effective and we can point to our lineman barely maintaining their first blocks (not to mention that we need them to get to 2nd level) for a lack of production here. The lack of an effective play-action pass has definitely hindered the offense as a whole. Part of that is certainly Carmicheal and part of that is Jameis....but Offense line is a common denominator in all of the Offense's problems to this point.

You're right though, offense needs work at every position except probably WR (which is surprising considering where we were at the end of last year)

My big knock with Payton is, for such an offensive genius, he never really did well without Brees under center. Winston was getting there though. I am real eager to see how things go with Allen as HC as the moves hes made this offseason is moves I feel Payton should of been making 2-3 years ago. So we shall see.
SP without Brees was 18-8

I don't think the lack of sacks is an indication of good line play. Rushed and bad throws are often an indication of QB not getting protection and those don't end up on a sack count. Also, our running game hasn't been effective and we can point to our lineman barely maintaining their first blocks (not to mention that we need them to get to 2nd level) for a lack of production here. The lack of an effective play-action pass has definitely hindered the offense as a whole. Part of that is certainly Carmicheal and part of that is Jameis....but Offense line is a common denominator in all of the Offense's problems to this point.

You're right though, offense needs work at every position except probably WR (which is surprising considering where we were at the end of last year)
I can see your point and not disagreeing, neither of us may be right, or both of us may be right.

I also think the run game is suffering because we are facing a ton of 8 man boxes. More than I’ve seen since pre Haslett days

A couple of things:

1. MT looks excellent habitually. So, duh!
2. The Saints being a "playoff team"... almost half the league goes to the playoffs now. A 9-8 or 8-9 record can get you there. So Rappaport calling the Saints a "playoff team", doesn't mean anything, or has the weight that it had in years past.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom