Rapoport On The Saints (From The Pat McAfee Show) (1 Viewer)

I guess we expected a little more focus on the defense than the offense-minded Payton, right? And it seems we've got that. But it doesn't seem as though we're slighting the offense either with a much improved WR corps. DA's not new to the locker room but his transtition to HC feels smooth, at least so far and maybe that's why, there's a little less toxicity. It's very interesting.
I think it’s seems to be less toxic because this isn’t an ordinary incoming coach.
When most coaches get hired, there’s usually a new GM too and that creates a power struggle and that’s why you only see about 2 or 3 at most succeed each new class.
Everyone from Allen to Loomis to even Ireland has a clear definition of their role in the organization.

Pat and the boys also talked about Trevor Penning before Ian came on, they love him.

First time trying to clip a youtube video, hope it works....

Last edited:
I guess we expected a little more focus on the defense than the offense-minded Payton, right? And it seems we've got that. But it doesn't seem as though we're slighting the offense either with a much improved WR corps. DA's not new to the locker room but his transtition to HC feels smooth, at least so far and maybe that's why, there's a little less toxicity. It's very interesting.
I think so too!

At first, like many, I jus wasn’t too sure about da Dennis Allen hiring as our new HC! 🤔I thought dat da FO simply saw him as a “safe” hire. 🙄

Back then, we were also nearly 100 mil ova da cap AND seemingly a total BUST in vet FA!!! 🤬🤬🤬

But since then, weve had arguably one of the BEST offseasons in team history!

👍🏾

Still a loong way to go n a loong season ahead of us! But for now, u gotta give da FO props for hiring Dennis Allen, AND to DA, who like you said, has thus far, made it all look so SMOOTH!

👍🏾

Let's get through training camp before we condemn csp. Guy was, and still is, the most successful coach we've ever had AND brought us our only Superbowl.
I'm not being dismissive of CSP. Actually I was worried, if we indeed DO have a great team this year, about it looking like it was still more CSP's team than DA's. I'm no longer worried about that, that's all.

Things being “less tense” sounds good in a vacuum, but we sure did win a lot of games when things were “tense,” just sayin'.

xEoDxhV.jpg

I absolutely love CSP. I was devastated watching his last press conference. I still am bummed just from the nostalgia.

But it’s a bit eye opening to gather little snippets here and there of how bad his ego was. Not sure where I’m going with this but I’m pumped for DA and this team.

Payton on his A game is as good as it gets, same with Brees. However, I said it plenty of times that there was something off with Coach last season. He wasn’t the same on the sideline. I miss the old Sean jumping up and down on the sideline, celebrating and yelling at players when they messed up. If you go back and watch some games from last year, you can see the difference. Sure, one might say that he is getting older/more mature etc, but I believe he was getting kind of burnt out and was ready to move on with his life.

He gave his all to this organization, and probably did himself and us a favor of my moving on to the next chapter of his life! Saw him on a golf course a few months ago and he has probably gained around 30-40 lbs in the last few years. He needed a break!

Oh and ……. The Cowboys!

I'm not being dismissive of CSP. Actually I was worried, if we indeed DO have a great team this year, about it looking like it was still more CSP's team than DA's. I'm no longer worried about that, that's all.
I still think it's too early for me....I've fell into the trap many times where I'm high on the team during camp and we open 0-something.

I feel like we are gonna win the superbowl because the refs are gonna get off our backs. I think they are gonna push us and the calls are gonna go our way now.

It's really simple Cuerello hates CSP. He is in the front office.

That's why the no call happened. That's why CSP wanted out.. that's why Tom Brady was like.. look we can get together in Miami and no one will stop us.

Bet.

The no call broke CSP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom