Rapoport: Saints talking about trading Malcom Brown (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this makes sense. He’s one of the players likely to be a cap casualty, but he’s also on a pretty reasonable deal.

This is saddening to see that Malcom Brown is on the trading block. He is the biggest part of our run defense. It suffered last season when he was out. If he does get traded I hope we draft Alim McNeill.

Having a great run defense in the era of passing doesn't have the same oomph as it used to because 3rd and long is no longer the tall order it once was. We won the 2009 SB because of a special pass defense.

Having a great run defense in the era of passing doesn't have the same oomph as it used to because 3rd and long is no longer the tall order it once was. We won the 2009 SB because of a special pass defense.

That run defense keeps those apposing offenses in third and long so that pass rush and get to the QB. Run Defense and Rushing Offense will ALWAYS be a premium its the basis for an effective defense or offense.

I don't see us getting any higher than a 5th. I hope we don't lose him but a trade for anything is better than just cutting him to save cap if that was necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom