Rapoport: Saints talking about trading Malcom Brown (1 Viewer)

Though a small sample size, the Saints defense suffered more in absence of Brown than Lattimore.

In the late 1st, & in both RDs of Day 3, is where the value of this IDL class is at it’s best. Daviyon Nixon, Levi Onwuzurike, Jay Tufele, Tommy Togiai, Akim Mcneill...there’s a bunch of talented guys at that point in the draft. Would LOVE to see us land of those guys.

Though a small sample size, the Saints defense suffered more in absence of Brown than Lattimore.
Remember when lattimore went out and prob had to come in vs the Vikings .... yea I don’t want to remember that either.

anyone know where Tyler Shelvin ranks in the DT draft class this year. He sat out this season to prepare for the NFL.
He is a big boy who played NT in LSU's 3-4. He was a 5-star recruit last listed at 6'3" 362lbs. He's no pass rusher but everything I've read says he plays with excellent pad level and takes on double teams like a champ. He's young and can always improve. Would be an excellent pick up in the 3rd if there.

Let’s trade Andrus Peat for a second rounder!
I really hate continuing to be Debbie Downer on this. If Peat is traded or released his cap number skyrockets to close to $20 million. For a team trying to dump salary the absolute worst thing they could try to do is try to move Peat.

It's a 3 year deal. He's not going nowhere before 2023.

SFIAH

I really hate continuing to be Debbie Downer on this. If Peat is traded or released his cap number skyrockets to close to $20 million. For a team trying to dump salary the absolute worst thing they could try to do is try to move Peat.

SFIAH
OTC shows a 1.2 million dollar savings on trading Peat. Trading post June 1 ois a 9.0 million dollar savings

SFIAH
So the SAINTS still get a cap hit with a trade? How? Doesn't do the new team take Peat's contract?

OTC shows a 1.2 million dollar savings on trading Peat. Trading post June 1 ois a 9.0 million dollar savings
The numbers over there are confusing. No matter what the Saints are responsible for the $13 million signing bonus, of which there is $10.4 million left to account for. Then there's a $9 million guaranteed salary for 2021 that vests on the 3rd day of the new league year.

Now if the Saints trade Peat now, the new team would be responsible for the $9 million and the Saints would still have to pay the $10.4 million. So, I can see the $1.2 million in cap savings.

But the after June 1st number makes no sense. The Saints are still responsible for the $10.4 million even if it's divided over 2 years. SporTrac is showing this divided as $2.6 million this year and 7.8 million against the cap in 2022.

Of course there's still the issue of the Peat sized hole that would still need to be filled.

SFIAH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom