Rapper gets apology from Chicago Police (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Yeah kind have had to agree this is no way to be treated after being robbed.

Rhymefest posts video of trying to report crime, gets apology from police - Chicago Tribune

Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology - CNN.com

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You wonder we don&#39;t report crimes? The police treated me disgustingly <a href="https://t.co/fY9VQrqDpz">pic.twitter.com/fY9VQrqDpz</a></p>&mdash; Rhymefest (@RHYMEFEST) <a href="https://twitter.com/RHYMEFEST/status/769551114245201920">August 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So according to the CNN video it was two black female officers who wouldn't take his report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang not much milage out of that one. Black man comes in and gets treated poorly by 2 black officers. The old white guy actually listens and gets things going. Not fitting the latest narrative very well is it?

Dang not much milage out of that one. Black man comes in and gets treated poorly by 2 black officers. The old white guy actually listens and gets things going. Not fitting the latest narrative very well is it?

So what you're saying is that it fits the same pattern as the service I get at Popeye's? (Pretty much just Popeye's though - oddly enough)

I don't know. I think the narrative is that the police community doesn't respect the African American community . . . and that it is institutional culture within law enforcement. I have never heard anyone truly depict it as exclusively-white cops. That same disrespect can come from African-Americans within the law enforcement community . . . in fact, that may serve as better evidence of a problem within the institutional culture.

Actually, the narrative is that the police, regardless of color, treat minorities poorly. It's the culture of the police. They have been indoctrinated into this behavior.

Actually, the narrative is that the police, regardless of color, treat minorities poorly. It's the culture of the police. They have been indoctrinated into this behavior.

Indeed. Everyone has personal agendas it seems. Even way back in 1991 in the movie "Boyz in the Hood", it was the black cop that slammed Ice Cube's character's face on the car, then had something snide to say about it. So to those that know better, yes it's white cops that have carried out most of the damage going back to the 50s (at least), but black cops have not been looked upon favorably either.

I don't know. I think the narrative is that the police community doesn't respect the African American community . . . and that it is institutional culture within law enforcement. I have never heard anyone truly depict it as exclusively-white cops. That same disrespect can come from African-Americans within the law enforcement community . . . in fact, that may serve as better evidence of a problem within the institutional culture.

So, the black officers are jerks towards blacks because of why? While I agree that cops have a certain attitude, where does that attitude come from? Do these two black ladies as soon as they wear blue turn into disrespecting their own race? So it's the uniform? Yet the old white guy (post or child for police brutality) isn't.

Possibly there is some truth to what police say. Their attitudes are formed by the people they deal with every day.

I know I'm poking a bear. I have friends that are cops, and believe me they are looking at what's happening and doing things to try to correct their actions and attitudes. But remember as a cop you can try all you want, but when you get verbally assaulted in just about every interaction, when the homes you go into the people act a certain way, when you pull over someone and rather than being respectful to the officer start being a mouthy jerk to them getting out of your car, not obeying the officer, I mean come on where is the personal responsibility on the black community's end?

So, the black officers are jerks towards blacks because of why? While I agree that cops have a certain attitude, where does that attitude come from? Do these two black ladies as soon as they wear blue turn into disrespecting their own race? So it's the uniform? Yet the old white guy (post or child for police brutality) isn't.

Possibly there is some truth to what police say. Their attitudes are formed by the people they deal with every day.

I know I'm poking a bear. I have friends that are cops, and believe me they are looking at what's happening and doing things to try to correct their actions and attitudes. But remember as a cop you can try all you want, but when you get verbally assaulted in just about every interaction, when the homes you go into the people act a certain way, when you pull over someone and rather than being respectful to the officer start being a mouthy jerk to them getting out of your car, not obeying the officer, I mean come on where is the personal responsibility on the black community's end?

There was a study done where these scientists put a ladder in a room full of monkeys, and every time any of the monkeys climbed the ladder, the room was showered with freezing cold water. After a while, any time a monkey tried to climb the ladder, the monkeys in the room would beat that monkey unmercifully. After awhile, the cold water would stop.

Then the scientists would replace one monkey with a new one. As soon as the new one would try to climb the ladder, that monkey would get beaten. Keep in mind, there was no more cold water.

The scientists would then replace another monkey with a new one and then another new one and another new one and so on and so on. After awhile, none of the monkeys were from the original group, none of them experienced the cold water but they ALL continued to beat on any monkey that tried to climb the ladder.

Why? Why, without the cold water negative reinforcement, would the new monkeys beat on any monkey that tried to climb the ladder? The answer to me is obvious, they were indoctrinated into that behavior. They did it because that is that is the way it has always been done.

I'd direct you to the Joe Rogan Experience #670 (either youtube or podcast provider of choice). It is a 2.5 hour interview with Michael Wood, an 11 year vet of the Baltimore PD and worth a listen.

I'd direct you to the Joe Rogan Experience #670 (either youtube or podcast provider of choice). It is a 2.5 hour interview with Michael Wood, an 11 year vet of the Baltimore PD and worth a listen.

WOW, I just watched about 20 minutes of that show and I'll watch the rest tonight. What a ****** bag. That's a dirty cop and should be in prison. My jaw was on the floor at some of the stuff he did and saw happen. Yeah, he is coming out about what went on in his agency, but that does not excuse his actions. If he hadn't torn his shoulder up would he be telling his story or still being dirty.

WOW, I just watched about 20 minutes of that show and I'll watch the rest tonight. What a ****** bag. That's a dirty cop and should be in prison. My jaw was on the floor at some of the stuff he did and saw happen. Yeah, he is coming out about what went on in his agency, but that does not excuse his actions. If he hadn't torn his shoulder up would he be telling his story or still being dirty.

Later on in the interview he specifically states that he was part of the problem (if he had not already in the first 20 minutes).

He probably should be in prison, instead he was on the job for 11 years and was working his way up the ladder. Since you are willing to take him at his word about his actions, I'm sure you also extend him the same courtesy regarding the culture, leadership, and institutionalized racism that was(is) systemic in Baltimore. That's his position, the system is flawed, at least in Baltimore which puts some perspective on the unrest there last year.

I would tend to agree if you admitting to criminal activity it's probably true. Sounds like Baltimore. Has some serious problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom