Rare accomplishment? How many players have won championships at all three levels, in their home state? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
There are many players over the years that have won a title at all 3 levels. But how many have won a High School State Championship, College National Championship and Super Bowl, all in the state they were from? A couple of players came to mind for me from LA, but they didn't complete all 3. Devery Henderson and Randall Gay both won the title with LSU in '03 and then the Super Bowl in '09, but neither of them reached the State Championship in high school (Opelousas High and Brusly).

IF we were to draft Patrick Queen it's possible for him. He won state at Livonia in '14 and the Natl Championship with LSU last year.

Can you think of any?

Last edited:
College and pro is probably sufficient bc literally everyone (minus places like IMG that board students) plays for their home high school being that they are legally children in high school and have to live with parents or supervision.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to search for and figure out if you really wanted to do it for others outside of LA. Cross reference SB champs with NCAA champs within about 10 years of each other, see which colleges the NFL guys went to, and then boom. But if you're going to include a team like USC and say the 49ers are a home team, then you'll have a lot of work to do.

For example, NCAA champs since 2000 with an NFL team in state:
19 LSU
14 OSU
13 FSU
08 Florida
07 LSU
06 Florida
05 Texas
04 USC
03 LSU/USC
02 OSU
01 Miami

Thats LA, OH, FL, TX, CA

We are the only state to have both an NCAA and an NFL champ in that time so those 2 LSU guys on our 09 team are the only ones recently. There you go, I just did 20 years for you.

Interesting to note that only 5 QB's have ever won a National Championship and Super Bowl. Montana, Kosar, Brady, Namath and Stabler. Only 3 were starters as Kosar was backup in Dallas and Brady was backup in Michigan. None of these fall under the state they were from part of this but still interesting as I was looking around online.

Im bored so ill do more work for you.

99 FSU
97 Michigan
96 Florida
93 FSU
91 Washington/Miami
90 Colorado/Georgia
89 Miami
88 ND
87 Miami
86 PSU
83 Miami
82 PSU
80 Georgia
78 USC
77 ND
76 Pitt
74 USC
73 ND
72 USC
70 Texas
69 Texas
68 OSU
67 USC
66 ND/Michigan

Interesting to note that only 5 QB's have ever won a National Championship and Super Bowl. Montana, Kosar, Brady, Namath and Stabler. Only 3 were starters as Kosar was backup in Dallas and Brady was backup in Michigan. None of these fall under the state they were from part of this but still interesting as I was looking around online.

Pretty sure Joe Namath was a state champion in high school, too

The only FL team to win a SB was the Dolphins, and that was in the 70s, so none of the Miami , FSU, or Florida team had players to do both since no FL team won until 83. No Ohio team has ever won a SB, so OSU is out too. The Colts only won once since they've been in Indiana, so ND teams don't have anyone. The Lions have never won so Michigan no.

The 69 or 70 Texas team may have had someone on the 71/72 Cowboys. The same goes for the Pitt team with the 2nd part of the Steelers dynasty in to 70s. The 72, 74, and 78 USC teams may have had someone on the Raiders or 49ers Super Bowl champs in the 80s or early 90s.

I think that about covers it. You can do the rest.

***EDIT***
In my haste of making the list and mostly going by my bad memory with the Super Bowls, I completely forgot about Tampa Bay, so a couple of the early 00s late 90s Miami and FSU guys were on that team as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
I would say won all three in the state of Florida would be....ALMOST.....William Floyd.....Full Back....high school title in 1988 with Lakewood High in St. Petersburg......Florida St national title in 1993......and won a Super Bowl ring with the 49ers in Miami Florida!.......does that count?

The only FL team to win a SB was the Dolphins, and that was in the 70s, so none of the Miami , FSU, or Florida team had players to do both since no FL team won until 83. No Ohio team has ever won a SB, so OSU is out too. The Colts only won once since they've been in Indiana, so ND teams don't have anyone. The Lions have never won so Michigan no.

The 69 or 70 Texas team may have had someone on the 71/72 Cowboys. The same goes for the Pitt team with the 2nd part of the Steelers dynasty in to 70s. The 72, 74, and 78 USC teams may have had someone on the Raiders or 49ers Super Bowl champs in the 80s or early 90s.

I think that about covers it. You can do the rest.

What about the Bucs?

What about the Bucs?

Derrick Brooks high school team lost in the FL state semifinal game or he would have done it.

Warren Sapp was about the best high school player ever, but his team didn’t win a state title.

Brooks and Sapp both won college championships with Florida State and Miami before winning the Super Bowl with Tampa.

Last edited:
Derrick Brooks high school team lost in the FL state semifinal game or he would have done it.

Warren Sapp was about the best high school player ever, but his team didn’t win a state title.

Brooks and Sapp both won college championships with Florida State and Miami before winning the Super Bowl with Tampa.
Good ones there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom