(Rare Video) Sean Payton playing QB against the Saints (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
For info, read this http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2734076

In 1987, due to the players strike, many no name 'replacements' had a dream come true when they were briefly on an NFL roster.

One of those was none other than Coach Payton, who played 3 games with the Bears as a QB. The last of those was against our own Saints. Watch the Saints defense beat down on him in this pretty rare video I hoaked up on TYT.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJYe4m-OvNQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJYe4m-OvNQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sweet find!!..thanks

obviously Sean threw deep every other play

EDIT: that's your vid...way cool...you rock!

Last edited:
Zorro....Thanx for posting that...fun to watch. Ditka...Payton.....playing the Saints.
After watching Payton try and throw long i understand his man-crush on Drew now.
Great find....we beat Chicago on a warm sunny day, that was probably the last time we played them in such conditions. Much appreciated.

well, he had no quick release and definitely NOT a rocket arm...LOL...those balls did some serious float...i think even the pitch to the RB took about 2 seconds of air time...LOL...

good find and cool to watch and glad he decided to COACH!

Wow, Payton didn't look good at all.

While I was watching I couldn't get over how much I hate the Bears.

With all those floaters, I thought I was watching Bobby Hebert for a minute :hihi:

I guess there's no longer any question why Payton never played in more than 3 games. Also, kinda weird to see two future Saints coaches on the sideline. One reviled and one lauded. Ironically, it was the terrible coach that had an actual NFL career.

That was the strike year and SP was a "scab"... as you can see a couple of the Dome Patrollers had "crossed the line", so SP and his scabby offense vs part of the best defense in the league at the time... wasn't gonna come out well for SP.

Nothing unusual about him playing QB. He is in my signature when he was a QB in Europe.

hes a way better coach than he was a player, hahaha. Nice video. and the saints won that was a solid defense too even with all PS players

Was Antonio Gibson a "scab," or did the Saints pick him up as a replacement player? Didn't Sam Mills "cross the line" as well.

Last edited:
Was Antonio Gibson a "scab," or did the Saints pick him up as a replacement player? Didn't Sam Mills "cross the line" as well.

Gibson came over from the USFL. He was on the Saints roster and ended up crossing the picket line. Reggie Sutton was another one that year that crossed the line. He was a draft pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom