Article Rashid Shaheed 'Excited' About Derek Carr, Offseason Training (1 Viewer)

Snakehead

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Very good read about Rashid Shaheed. It's exciting to think about Shaheed getting bigger, faster and stronger. He also spoke glowingly about Carr and how well respected Carr is around the league.

"Karif Bird has been training me and doing a great job. My body has been feeling amazing. I'm getting bigger, faster, stronger with him. And I'm loving my time out there."

For reference, he's listed at 6' 180lbs which puts him at 2.5 RBS with the average being 2.64 for a top 25 WR (2.72 2019/2.64 2020). However, if he got up to 190lbs, that would put him at 2.64 RBS which was the average for a top 25 WR in 2020. I didn't compile the stats for the 2021/2022 seasons.

Last edited:
28 receptions for 488 yards is potential, and he did have some good plays. But let’s see what happens.

I don’t disagree about seeing how it plays out but 20 of those receptions and about 320 of those yards happened in the last five weeks of the season. I understand the enthusiasm surrounding Shaheed and I’m excited about what he brings to the offense. Especially with the addition of Carr.

I don’t disagree about seeing how it plays out but 20 of those receptions and about 320 of those yards happened in the last five weeks of the season. I understand the enthusiasm surrounding Shaheed and I’m excited about what he brings to the offense. Especially with the addition of Carr.
He really started getting significant snaps starting in week 11. He averaged 2.46 yards per route run from then on, which is top ten production for WR’s. A bonus is that Olave averaged 2.42 for the season (and 2.68 during that same stretch starting in week 11).

Yep. Keep in mind, he was coming off an ACL n only played in 12 games. Not only did he put up nice stats, but for any player, let alone a UDFA who didn’t have a full TC, dats pretty impressive! Moreover, the Saints didn’t hesitate to have him at BOTH KR n PR. That was a lotta stuff on rooks plate, but he handled it pretty well. 👍🏾

Meanwhile, my biggest hope for both Sheed n CO in this offseason was… 10 POUNDS! With a year of NFL experience under their belts, adding the fxtra muscle mass will only make them stronger n faster!

Nice! 👍🏾

He really started getting significant snaps starting in week 11. He averaged 2.46 yards per route run from then on, which is top ten production for WR’s. A bonus is that Olave averaged 2.42 for the season (and 2.68 during that same stretch starting in week 11).
They literally feed off each other! I think Olave sees Shaspeeds potential and it pushes him to be better. Could you imagine how he’d feel if an undrafted rookie out of Weber St has more reception yards than him? With Carr who loves spreading the wealth I’ve seen crazier things happen. And that doesn’t mean Olave won’t have an amazing year as well. I’m here for it!

Devery was pretty much a one-trick pony. Shaheed has deep speed, YAK, and outstanding hands. Shaheed's talent just jumps out at you every time he sees the field.
When we had that monster 2017 draft, I started using the term “NFL Ready”. That group was more than jus talented. They were also mentally tough n had high football IQs! They made the transition from college to pro look easy!

IMO, players like CO, Sheed n Alontae were cut from dat same fabric! 👍🏾

When we had that monster 2017 draft, I started using the term “NFL Ready”. That group was more than jus talented. They were also mentally tough n had high football IQs! They made the transition from college to pro look easy!

IMO, players like CO, Sheed n Alontae were cut from dat same fabric! 👍🏾
Shaheed is the Pierre Thomas of wideouts.

A three wides set of Thomas, Shaheed, and Olave is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses to defend.

With ANDY DALTON slingin' the rock...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom