Rate my mock draft. (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hey i've been tralling this bulletin for months now and everyone is putting up their mock drafts so i'm going to give it a shot. let me all know what you think.

1st. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State (this is hard because i believe that Keith Rivers will be here but i believe we can trade back with the detroit lions who need a LB and get an extra third out of it, and we have a greater need to fill holes over signing 1 or 2 great players).
2nd. DT Dre Moore, Maryland
3rd. OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
3rd (from detroit). C Mike Pollak, Arizona State
5th. G Adam Kraus, Michigan
6th. TE Chris Hopkins, Toledo
7th. S Darien Williams, FS, Oklahoma (a gamble but i think he's worth it, could also be a great FA pick-up if we don't draft him).

I like the first five. I've never heard of Hopkins or Williams. Kraus is underrated.
Trading down with detriot to get a 3rd would be really smart. Pollack could start for us. Crable is a beast. Moore is a big man who is quick. Runs a 4.9 at 305. DRC would help a lot and i think he will be a pro bowl Corner.

A- Good mock

Darien Williams, FS, was the leader and center piece of Oklahoma's secondary unti lhis broke his ankle or something at the end of the season. which slowed him at the combine as it's not completely healed. he was predicted to go much higher but scouts aren't sure about his recovery, i must admit i'm still a little unsure on him another pick at that point could be Dominique Barber, SS, but i'm not sure how well he'd adjust to FS if he needed to.

TE Chris Hopkins, Toledo, is a smaller school TE who put up some solid numbers (54 receptions, 565 yards, 7 touchdowns in 2006). and had 13 receptions and three scores at Iowa State. i know the Payton loves the TE position and this guy could be real competitive in camp. i personally don't think we should invest a higher pick trying to get Kellen Davis, Michigan State, though if he fell to the 5th maybe i'd take him over Kraus, though i do love Kraus in the 5th. we'd have one of the best young O lines around to protect Brees, Bush & McAllister (if back, which i hope he is, pay him the bonus, he deserves it!)

dislike.... but thats just me . i very dislike DRC and i dislike crable , too.

At least its not:
1. Dorsey
2. Doucet
3. Chavous Jackson
4. Highsmith
5. Zenon
6. Hester
7. Steltz

Yours is well thought out, better than most that think we should just pick everyone from LSU.

At least its not:
1. Dorsey
2. Doucet
3. Chavous Jackson

6. Hester

Yours is well thought out, better than most that think we should just pick everyone from LSU.

I am huge LSU fan, but certainly would never bring up the idea of drafting all LSU players, but I think those four players above in those respective rounds would actually be a pretty decent draft.

there's a few people out there that would probabley trade away all our picks to get Dorsey at a higher pick in the draft. And that really scares me!

it's a massive toss up to over look rivers and trade back to take Crable, but like i said we have alot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. This way gets some of those holes filled.

I think the 1st pick will probably have little impact in year one. I'm not a fan of Dre Moore. Crable doesn't fit our scheme...

Overall, I wouldn't be mortified with that draft, but I wouldn't be expecting a lot of improvement on the team in year 1. Our O-line needs help in the run, so maybe the two O-lineman would help there... Defensively, I wouldn't see much to make me excited.

If you picked Rivers instead of DRC and one of the plethora of CBs instead of Dre Moore in the second, I would be more excited.

>>>At least its not:
1. Dorsey
2. Doucet
3. Chavous Jackson
4. Highsmith
5. Zenon
6. Hester
7. Steltz>>>

Now you're talking!

Why draft players from a winning program, and a national champion? That's crazy talk. I am not a homer, but those are some pretty good players.

1. Dorsey
2. Doucet
3. Chavous Jackson
4. Highsmith
5. Zenon
6. Hester
7. Steltz>>>

Replace Doucet with Matt Forte and you got a deal.

Hey i've been tralling this bulletin for months now and everyone is putting up their mock drafts so i'm going to give it a shot. let me all know what you think.

1st. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State (this is hard because i believe that Keith Rivers will be here but i believe we can trade back with the detroit lions who need a LB and get an extra third out of it, and we have a greater need to fill holes over signing 1 or 2 great players).
2nd. DT Dre Moore, Maryland
3rd. OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
3rd (from detroit). C Mike Pollak, Arizona State
5th. G Adam Kraus, Michigan
6th. TE Chris Hopkins, Toledo
7th. S Darien Williams, FS, Oklahoma (a gamble but i think he's worth it, could also be a great FA pick-up if we don't draft him).

1. DRC is so raw I wouldn't be surprised if he takes several years to develop into a legitimate starter
2. Dre Moore has been a career underacheiver "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane"
3. Crable is a 4.67 OLB who I like but am concerned that he will be less than average in a 4-3
4. Pollack is supposed to be a good center but he is just around 300lbs, which reminds me of Faine who at that size was a liability in the run game, Goodwin is around 315 and I believe will be very good.

I guess every draft pick has bust potential but these first 4 picks could possibly contribute nothing to our team the first year and possibly for several years and for that reason I would be disappointed with the above draft.

At least its not:
1. Dorsey
2. Doucet
3. Chavous Jackson
4. Highsmith
5. Zenon
6. Hester
7. Steltz

I would be extremely happy with that draft. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom