Rate our current needs (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
Here are the top 5 needs in order IMO. I'm looking for insight as to why this order may be changed around as of today and if there are any other needs that would trump these.

DT
FS
CB
WR
TE

te
cb
dt
lb
wr

we only hav 2 te's on the roster now, campbell and ghent. Ghent is a practice squad player and campbell is always injured. However, in the draft, I want us to go cb unless one of the two DT are available. Second we go BPA lber and w/e we didn't pick rnd1. TE we get through FA or trade.

DT
TE
WR
RT
Weakside LB

Another corner would be nice too, but we'll probably wait 'til the draft for that.

Wow - you guys don't think we need an upgrade at FS?

I think that replacing Bullocks as the starter creates better CBs.

It's a tricky question, because our greatest weakness this last year was pass defense. So you want to upgrade that. Do you need the corner, or the pass rusher? We got a little better in both coverage and pass rush today, but there's still work to do.

I would not look for a safety in the first round. I would not look for a WR or TE on the first day. With Stinch not looking too good, and Brown having bad knees, you could argue for an OT in round 1 too. Shanle is not starter material, either, so add OLB.

If you upgraded the front 7, you'd probably see some benefit in the secondary and our safeties wouldn't look so horrible. I am not worried about the safeties right now.

I would rate our needs like this as of now:

DT
CB
OLB
OT
TE
WR

If Dorsey or Ellis is there, no question, take them. If you are choosing between the top
CB or Rivers, Rivers is tempting because he has pass rush ability, and he would start from day one.

The totally unsexy OT pick is what I dread will actually come to pass..

Wow - you guys don't think we need an upgrade at FS?

I think that replacing Bullocks as the starter creates better CBs.

It would help, but I'd rather spend more money on improving the front-7 and pass-rush on defense. Just look at the Giants, their secondary was nothing spectacular. Our secondary in 2000 was very average, but we had a top 10 defense because we had the top pass-rush in the league.

As for TE, there's a big void there right now.

I wish we'd get a new RT. Stinchcomb gets beat more than anyone on our OL and doesn't offer much as a run blocker. Our sack numbers are the lowest in the league because of Drew Brees' pocket awareness and quick decision making, not because Stinchcomb is doing a good job. We can definitely do better at RT.

TE - We have NONE
CB - Without MM we have a bunch of nickel CBs
WILL - Shanle is upgradeable
DT - We actually have a bunch of these, but none stands out.
FS - Call Eugene Wilson NOW...

what about michael boley at wlb...i think he is a RFA but this guy would be an upgrade over shanle

I don't want to speculate on how well someone will do. I mean who knows. Meachem and U. Young could be the offensive and defensive players of the year. But I won't hold my breath. Going strictly by slots.

1. TE, we don't have one
2. QB, no backup

Weakest positions:
3. CB - a lot of them have starting exp, but most backup caliber
4. DT - one of my biggest concerns (no push)
5. OT - Stinch needs help
6. WR - 1 hero, 1 zero so far (let's hope for a miracle)
7. WLB - may look better with help
8. S - may look better with any sort of defense
9. RB - man I hope Deuce comes back

CB
DT
OLB
WR
TE

Let's not kid ourselves... While gay will fill a role, there is no way anyone should be confident going into the season right now with David, Gay, Young.

We have decent DTs and they're competent. Now all we need is a rushing DT to finish the rotation.

OLB is a pretty big need in my mind. I don't trust Shanle and have no faith in the guy. He's an overachiever who'll be no better than Simoneau.

WR is a need that we must address... Other an Colston, we have no one who has shown that they can be a credible receiver opposite of Colston. Unless Patten resign, we need someone who can take pressure off of Colston and I don;'t believe anyone on our roster will be ready during the first half of the season.

TE: a passing catching TE is a luxury that's quickly becoming a need on every team's roster these days but I don't believe should be anywhere near the top of the need list.

I believe we will trying to find a DT in the first round and a CB like Flowers/Cason in the second and a OLB in the third in the draft.

For as defense goes:
1) DT
2) WLB
3) CB
4) FS

Then Offense:
1) TE
2) RB ( Think Deuce is going to have a tough go of it coming back )
3) WR
4) Backup QB

We also needed a good nickel CB, Pass rushing DE and a stud MLB:
1) McCray = Pass rushing DE ( Check )
2) Gay = Good Nickel CB ( Check )
3) Vilma = Stud MLB ( Check )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom