N/S Rate the announcer crews! (Quarantine/off-season fun) (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All right, everyone. Here is a list of the current NFL announcer crews. Feel free to rank them all, post your top 5, whatever you want to do. Have at it!
  • Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts (CBS)
  • Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon (CBS)
  • Jim Nantz and Tony Romo (CBS)
  • Greg Gumbel and Trent Green (CBS)
  • Andrew Catalon and James Lofton (CBS)
  • Chris Myers and Daryl Johnston (Fox)
  • Kenny Albert and Ronde Barber (Fox)
  • Dick Stockton and Mark Schlereth (Fox)
  • Joe Buck and Troy Aikman (Fox)
  • Thom Brennaman and Chris Spielman (Fox)
  • Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis (Fox)
  • Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth (NBC)
  • Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland (ESPN)

CBS runs away with this

I miss Pat Summerall and John Madden. When you heard Summerall’s voice, you knew it was a big game.

I like Nantz and Romo. And Greg Gumbel. I used to really like Al Michaels but he is not as good as he used to be. CBS as a whole is much better than Fox in my opinion when it comes to announcers.

They all are ok. I don’t have a problem with any of the NFL guys. Hopefully Drew and Peyton do a great job when they get in there cause both have NOLA connections. I can’t wait to hear insight from Brees.

It’s the college football games with Gary Danielson that aggravates me the most. That guy just knows what to say to get under my skin to no end. I can’t stand watching him on CBS call LSU games.

Nantz and Romo are running away with it now. They are clearly the top crew imo.

Now at the opposite end of the spectrum you have Thom Brennaman and Chris Spielman. I swear it seems like the Saints kicked Spielman's dog at some point. And then Ronde Barber, sheesh. They don't even try to hide their disdain for the Saints.

I read somewhere Fouts got canned by CBS and replaced by Charles Davis.
He will join Eagle as CBS #2 team.

All of Fox color guys stink except Aikman. Aikman stinks when he does Cowboy games however.

Harlan is far and away the best play-by-play and Romo is the best color imo. Nantz and Romo are the best combo.

Harlan gets me so jacked about what I'm watching that it really takes the game to another level.

Romo's genuine excitement and personal experience of being in these games really adds to the anticipation before every play.

All right, everyone. Here is a list of the current NFL announcer crews. Feel free to rank them all, post your top 5, whatever you want to do. Have at it!
  • Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts (CBS) - TERRIBLE
  • Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon (CBS) - TERRIBLE
  • Jim Nantz and Tony Romo (CBS) - TERRIBLE
  • Greg Gumbel and Trent Green (CBS) - NOT QUITE TERRIBLE
  • Andrew Catalon and James Lofton (CBS) - WHO THE HECK ARE THEY
  • Chris Myers and Daryl Johnston (Fox) - NOT BAD
  • Kenny Albert and Ronde Barber (Fox) - NOT TERRIBLE
  • Dick Stockton and Mark Schlereth (Fox) - WHO THE HECK ARE THEY
  • Joe Buck and Troy Aikman (Fox) - TERRIBLE
  • Thom Brennaman and Chris Spielman (Fox) - WHO THE HECK ARE THEY
  • Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis (Fox) - NOT BAD
  • Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth (NBC) - THE ABSOLUTE WORST (DUE TO CC)
  • Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland (ESPN) - TERRIBLE

I miss Pat Summerall and John Madden. When you heard Summerall’s voice, you knew it was a big game.

I like Nantz and Romo. And Greg Gumbel. I used to really like Al Michaels but he is not as good as he used to be. CBS as a whole is much better than Fox in my opinion when it comes to announcers.

Follow Frank Caliendo on twitter. He does bits imitating Summerall/Madden and Nantz/Romo all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom