Rate these neighborhoods (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
From one to four, which of these sounds better?

1. Sherwood Point

2. Olde Sherwood Pointe

3. Sherwoode Pointe

4. The Pointe on Sherwoode

1. Sherwood Point sounds like one of those places that tries to have a classy name despite the fact that it's actually the hood (like "Highland Park" or places with names like that).

2. Olde Sherwood Pointe sounds like the part of Sherwood Point that even people who live in Sherwood Point recommend staying away from.

3. Sherwoode Pointe sounds like a white flight community. Possibly gated. Full of intellectually mediocre middle class people (mostly insurance salesman and bankers) who pretend to be richer than they actually are. Most of them own Yorkshire Terriers and have kids with names like Skye and Braeden.

4. The Pointe on Sherwoode sounds like a strip mall or shopping center where hookers work behind Best Buy.

Honestly, none of them sound great to me.

Ye Olde Sherwood Pointe featureth the magical stylings of Sir Andre, Flautist from Iron Stag and Golden Firkin Inne

andre.jpg

1. Sherwood Point sounds like one of those places that tries to have a classy name despite the fact that it's actually the hood (like "Highland Park" or places with names like that).

The Highland Park I'm familiar with is a suburb of Chicago with a median income of $150,000 and at least 90% white. Is there one in NO that qualifies as the hood?

Oh, and I don't care for place names that try to sound like they're in England (using British spellings), so the first one sounds better to me.

From one to four, which of these sounds better?

1. Sherwood Point

2. Olde Sherwood Pointe

3. Sherwoode Pointe

4. The Pointe on Sherwoode

The first one is the best of the bunch. The latter three, all sound like they are trying too hard. It's bad enough that "point" is spelled with an "e", but there is no acceptable reason why Sherwood would have an "e" on it which makes the last 2 just sound ridiculous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom