Rate These New Orleans Neighborhoods (1 Viewer)

That's why I wanted his definition.

City Park and Robert E. Lee run don't run parallel to each other. I thought Old Lakeview was Robert E. Lee to the north, City Park to the east, Florida Blvd. to the south, and West End to the west.

I meant cemeteries/city park ave
compass directions - whee (but yes that works for old Lakeview)
i get the sense that the thread will soon be discussing if Navarre is actually part of Lakeview or not - on the otherhand people have let "uptown" go without parsing it too much, so...?

inspired by another thread currently on the EE.. so pretending for a moment that money isnt an object -- which of these Greater New Orleans areas would be most desirable to you (same size house wherever you choose) and why:

(rank your Top Three)

1) Uptown
2) Old Metairie
3) Algers Point
4) French Quarter
5) English Turn
6) Warehouse District
7) Lakeview
8) Mid-City
9) Kennabrah (Chateau?)
10) Northshore
11) Other
12) Tacoes (i.e. Fat City)

... not gonna create a pole because im lazy.

You can easily make this list without adding Kenner, Metairie, and the Northshore. Scratch those from the list and add NOE, Marigny, Treme, Bayou St. John, Fairgrounds, City Park, and CBD. I don't want to start an argument but...oh nevermind. Here's my list.

1. Uptown
2. Algiers Point
3. City Park

If I were to own a house in New Orleans it would be Lakeview or Lakewood South..... But since I already own one in Jefferson Parish, I'll stick with old Metry....

i get the sense that the thread will soon be discussing if Navarre is actually part of Lakeview or not - on the otherhand people have let "uptown" go without parsing it too much, so...?

Lakeview starts on the other (Canal Blvd) side of Delgado. IMO.

Lakeview starts on the other (Canal Blvd) side of Delgado. IMO.

i lived on conti 1/2 block off CPA/lakeside a few years ago - i considered that lakeview
it also helps that i grew up playing on Lakeview playground maybe 4 block away from that area and never liked when people tried it Delgado Playground

"ghetto lakeview" is below i610 towards the city. But if I could afford anywhere? It would be lakeview or lake vista simply because the crime is lower. I grew up Uptown, but I don't know how Id feel about coming home late at night there anymore....

You also forgot the Marigny, Bywater and gentilly...

Mid City
Bywater/Marigny
LGD

didnt forget, just wanted to keep the choices to a manageable number.. so i included 'Other'.. .. my Dad lives in the Marigny and loves it.

You can easily make this list without adding Kenner, Metairie, and the Northshore.

agreed.. i thought long and hard about including the Northshore and in the end, i probably shouldnt have.. at least i didnt divide it into Mandeville, Slidell, etc.

i woud differ with you when it comes to Metairie though; Old Metairie IMO is just as valid as any other part of NOLA in terms of history, character and proximity to the City, even though it's across the Parish line.

well considering i want to build a cool loft home inside of a warehouse....

1. Marigny Triangle
2. Bywater
3. West End in the Marina
4. Old Arabi
4. Tchoupitoulas in the LGD or Irish Channel

Bywater - best people

I was disappointed no one proped Bywater before your post.

My 3:
Lower Garden District (I just learned that it is called Lower as its homes are like that of Garden District but smaller and socially less that than of GD, kinda funny)
Bayou St John
Bywater

I was disappointed no one proped Bywater before your post.

My 3:
Lower Garden District (I just learned that it is called Lower as its homes are like that of Garden District but smaller and socially less that than of GD, kinda funny)
Bayou St John
Bywater

it's "lower" b/c it's lower down river (ie closer to the gulf)

inspired by another thread currently on the EE.. so pretending for a moment that money isnt an object -- which of these Greater New Orleans areas would be most desirable to you (same size house wherever you choose) and why:

and i just have to say it - you people are like my dang students
READ THE WHOLE QUESTION

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom