Rate your professor (1 Viewer)

RiverCitySaint

Nerf herder
Reaction score
Have y'all been to this website? http://www.ratemyprofessors.com

I've heard that college students use this as a reference point as to whether or not take this one prof's class or not based on ranking from former students. Unfair? I don't think so.
No longer are rumors about one prof confined to the Union building, but rather conglomerated within one easy site ! LOL

But beware. There is a section on the site where the Prof's fight back ! :)

It was a great site in that my all time favorite professor received awesome remarks and grades from former students. He was there when I was in the early to mid 90's and it was great to see he has not retired.

Take a look, it's fun.

And thank you again Dr. Roberts ! Because of you I have second minor !
Go Tech !

yea i use the website before i schedule classes each semester. its always good to know which professors are not worth taking. makes a semester so much better when you are able to take professors that are actually willing to teach you something, and they actually care about the students

However, the site is not all that reliable. Often there are only two or three ratings for any professor, and you can bet that the people who leave the ratings are hardly biased - people who get good grades probably leave good ratings, people who get bad grades or slacked off and expected a free pass probably leave bad ratings. At any rate, two or three ratings are hardly a large enough sample size to determine if the professor is good or not. I'm also ambivalent about one of the top criteria being how easy the professor is. When I was an undergrad, I tended to be bored in classes that were overly easy. Isn't the point of being in college to learn something? If students are raving, "His tests are cake!" and "You really don't need to do the readings," I'm not sure what the point is of taking the class, unless it's just some general education requirement that has nothing to do with your major.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom