Ravens are Releasing Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Looks like he is done then…

should have fired his agent and stayed in NOLA.
Not going to come back home to what people consider a team rebuilding (although I dont think we are in a rebuild at all)

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He’ll get a job. He’s still better than a lot of guys getting the ball. The ravens have a lot of backs and they had an out in his contract. I predicted this when they drafted dobbins.

Reaction score
Pittsburgh could be a nice spot for him with their running game issues. I'm from the pittsburgh area and cant stand the Steelers, but would hope he does well there.

Reaction score
Hope he lands on his feet. I think he can still help a team.

Great locker room guy, good north south power runner but doest have a "make him miss" move, and was ineffective at time in goal line situations.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2

fishing4food

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I don't think he can run 21.3 MPH anymore. Wish him the best. He was a great asset to the Saints organization while he was there.

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be the one to ask....

When did having 3 or 4 solid running backs become a bad thing?

Remember the days of Pierre/Sproles/Ingram/Ivory ?
If he wants to sign for Chris Ivory money then yes

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
If he wants to sign for Chris Ivory money then yes
Well it wouldn't be rookie contract money obviously, but as a running back heading into his 11th season, I'm also guessing he isn't going to get "RB1" money either

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be the one to ask....

When did having 3 or 4 solid running backs become a bad thing?

Remember the days of Pierre/Sproles/Ingram/Ivory ?
Admittedly, this is tougher now because of the amount of money allocated to the RB group already, to Kamara specifically, but the thought of going with the three-headed monster post-Brees is intriguing. I don't know if Mark would go for it though, because it would require him taking a cheap contract AND being a part of a heavy rotation AGAIN.

If we move forward with Taysom though, we may as well go all in on the running game and commit.

LifeForceDave

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Pittsburgh could be a nice spot for him with their running game issues. I'm from the pittsburgh area and cant stand the Steelers, but would hope he does well there.
same here, what part of WV are you in?

OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It would have been nice to have a fresh Ingram this past Sunday. I would take him as a 3rd option. But he doesn't play special teams so I don't know.

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well it wouldn't be rookie contract money obviously, but as a running back heading into his 11th season, I'm also guessing he isn't going to get "RB1" money either
The plus would be he knows the offense. The downside is how good of a teammate is he when he is RB3? I will say that he seems to be handling his situation in Baltimore the right way. But if part of his leaving was he wanted to be the feature back, then I can’t see him accepting the role here when he can be relied on more elsewhere.

Saint Lattimore

Earned Another Start
Reaction score
If he were to return to the Saints, it would be to reunite with Kamara and claim the top spot on the Saints all-time rushing list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)