Ravens are Releasing Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Looks like he is done then…

should have fired his agent and stayed in NOLA.
Not going to come back home to what people consider a team rebuilding (although I dont think we are in a rebuild at all)

He’ll get a job. He’s still better than a lot of guys getting the ball. The ravens have a lot of backs and they had an out in his contract. I predicted this when they drafted dobbins.

Pittsburgh could be a nice spot for him with their running game issues. I'm from the pittsburgh area and cant stand the Steelers, but would hope he does well there.

I don't think he can run 21.3 MPH anymore. Wish him the best. He was a great asset to the Saints organization while he was there.

I'll be the one to ask....

When did having 3 or 4 solid running backs become a bad thing?

Remember the days of Pierre/Sproles/Ingram/Ivory ?

If he wants to sign for Chris Ivory money then yes

If he wants to sign for Chris Ivory money then yes

Well it wouldn't be rookie contract money obviously, but as a running back heading into his 11th season, I'm also guessing he isn't going to get "RB1" money either

I'll be the one to ask....

When did having 3 or 4 solid running backs become a bad thing?

Remember the days of Pierre/Sproles/Ingram/Ivory ?

Admittedly, this is tougher now because of the amount of money allocated to the RB group already, to Kamara specifically, but the thought of going with the three-headed monster post-Brees is intriguing. I don't know if Mark would go for it though, because it would require him taking a cheap contract AND being a part of a heavy rotation AGAIN.

If we move forward with Taysom though, we may as well go all in on the running game and commit.

It would have been nice to have a fresh Ingram this past Sunday. I would take him as a 3rd option. But he doesn't play special teams so I don't know.

Well it wouldn't be rookie contract money obviously, but as a running back heading into his 11th season, I'm also guessing he isn't going to get "RB1" money either
The plus would be he knows the offense. The downside is how good of a teammate is he when he is RB3? I will say that he seems to be handling his situation in Baltimore the right way. But if part of his leaving was he wanted to be the feature back, then I can’t see him accepting the role here when he can be relied on more elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom