Ravens not expected to re-sign RT Rick Wagner (1 Viewer)

AshleyShaffer

Very Banned
Reaction score
Very good RT coming off his rookie contract and excels in pass blocking. Could come in and play RG until Strief is done within a year or so then go back to RT.

They are expected to release Dumervil as well, but I think he's done.

Why are they releasing him do they have someone else that's playing at a higher level?
Just curious why they'd release a good tackle that's fairly young.

Why are they releasing him do they have someone else that's playing at a higher level?
Just curious why they'd release a good tackle that's fairly young.

They're not releasing him, the expectation is that they can't afford to re-sign him, so he'll hit FA.

Who else do the Ravens have to resign?

The ravens tend to plan ahead so they are prepared when some of their players are finishing their rookie contracts and looking for money over the market.

They also try to sign only free agents that have been released from their contracts. These kind of free agents don't count at the formula to get compensatory picks.

A couple of policies that I would like the saints to follow once we starting building some depth.

From #1 to #50 in one year? I am wondering what happened in 2015, hurt? changed position?

Nope he's only missed 3 games to injury. Idk maybe scheme change or something I have no idea

Edit: he had surgery on his foot at the end of the 2014 season, so that could be why he struggled in 2015

The Ravens are pretty good at evaluating talent so they're probably gonna get some one through the draft or cheaper in FA.

I'm not interested in replacing Strief unless he really starts to show his age. He was good this past season so as of now I'm good with keeping him at RT.

I don't know if Wagner has or can play RG, but if he could that would be a really nice addition to the right side of the line and Wagner would take over for Zach in the next few seasons.

I'm not interested in replacing Strief unless he really starts to show his age. He was good this past season so as of now I'm good with keeping him at RT.

I don't know if Wagner has or can play RG, but if he could that would be a really nice addition to the right side of the line and Wagner would take over for Zach in the next few seasons.
Zach played good, but we need an insurance policy just in the event that he gets hurt or regresses. The whole right side is a big liability with he and Evans age and the dropoff in talent from there. Sure, we have Turner, and I hope he progresses. Wouldn't hurt to evaluate Wagner.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

We need a starting RG and a backup/heir apparent RT. Ideally, we get a top notch RG in free agency and draft Strief's replacement in the middle rounds (2-4) of this year's draft.

But, let's be honest. Even with just a perfectly mediocre RG, this is still going to be a top 2 offense. And you have some young talent (Young, lol, & Turner) waiting in the wings. Do you save one of your resources and just try to fill one spot or the other?

What about getting the best RT prospect in the draft and letting them play 2017 as the starting RG? Then you have a massive amount of flexibility on your Oline with Peat, Kelemete, & the draft pick all being able to play G/T spots. This strategy relies on Young or Turner to be available if Strief or the draft pick were injured, but it does leave a bunch more Free Agency $$$$ for a pass rusher, #2 CB and/or WLB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom