Ravens-Steelers game could be postponed if Ravens get more positive tests; how this affects the Saints (UPDATE: Moved to Sunday) (1 Viewer)

For the 1000000000th time.... NO! We are not players, so it’s doesn’t matter if we’re to look ahead 1 day, week, month, year, or decade.

So after Brees retires, and either Hill or Winston has a long successful career, what is the succession plan? Trying to plan my Fall 2029.

Make a week 18 and just push everything back a week so the Super Bowl is on Valentine's day. It's perfect! What could go wrong?

Looks like the NFL doesn't give a crap about Covid-19 anymore.

They are full steam ahead with this game. Ravens be damned.

Looks like the NFL doesn't give a crap about Covid-19 anymore.

They are full steam ahead with this game. Ravens be damned.

Isn't this the reason for the expanded practice squad?

They also added further restrictions this week to the Covid protocol. Players not immediately going into the game must wear a mask or helmet on the side line, limit on number of personnel traveling to away games, no more full team meetings unless approved by the league and the room size, capacity and a seating plan has to be submitted for approval.

The NFL is no longer in position to reschedule bye weeks, so any postponed game-whether it's this game or any one in the future would mean the NFL has to either
1. Add a Week 18
2. Cancel the game and have a certain number of teams have an uneven number of games
3. If the NFL goes with option two, they have said they would likely add an 8th playoff team and NO team will have a bye for the playoffs.

This is obviously significant because if the NFL goes with these options, it will all but make the race for the #1 seed for naught unless Payton really doesn't want to travel in January. But taking away a bye from the #1 seed will effect how many teams navigate their schedule down the stretch. I would think if the 1 seed ends up having to play in the first week of the playoffs, Payton will not only be super cautious with Brees but he would be liable to hold out a lot of players for the Vikings game and the Panthers game. Especially if we have the NFC South sealed by then.

This is like a calculus II problem for me. LOL

Isn't this the reason for the expanded practice squad?
Yes but at some point it becomes a competitive advantage for one team over the other.

It's the Thanksgiving night game and the NFL is not cancelling that. That's what this is all about.

If I got my math right (probably not since I hate math) He will be eligible for the 2026 draft.
Yeah, I was just making a joke. Didn't do the math. :9:

So after Brees retires, and either Hill or Winston has a long successful career, what is the succession plan? Trying to plan my Fall 2029.
Well I was thinking about getting back into it, so maybe I’ll be turning up. I turn 34 in December btw, so it'll be a real sight to see.

Last edited:
Thats football. In any other year do they reschedule a game because 1 team is healthy and the other is out 4-5 starters for injury? NOPE!

Equating actual injuries to covid is rather silly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom