Ravens trainer TAUNTS crowd..amazingly classless (1 Viewer)

If it's ok for fans to taunt players, then it should be equally acceptable for players to taunt fans. Moreover, this is entertainment. It's not classless, it's not unacceptable....it's someone having fun while winning. It shouldn't even be something you have to deal with.

Sorry, but I do believe that when you're in a position of "celebrity" as these players and coaches are, there comes with it a responsibility to conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful to your team, the opposing team, and the fans. Emotional reaction on the field, including touchdown reception celebrations? Yes, that belongs in the game. But no, deliberately taunting the fans, which IMO is also irresponsible (drunk fan gets ticked and throws something at you, hitting you or a player....sorry, but you asked for it) is not needed. Geez, the players get penalized for over-and-above taunting, so should the staff. And deliberately taking the time to write a sign, that is above-and-beyond to me.

But don't come on a message board and whine that some guy was taunting us. I mean come on. We got our arses beat. It happens. And when it happens, opposing fans/team members tend to taunt. It's football. It's not a big deal.

Either do something about it or drop it, don't stew about it.

Since when do YOU determine what someone should or should not post on this board. I'm glad Sackhappysaint posted what he saw and he was'nt whining about it.

Know this regarding the Baltimore Ravens: they are the University Of Miami of the NFL. Nothing but a bunch of thugs and gang members.

If it's ok for fans to taunt players, then it should be equally acceptable for players to taunt fans. Moreover, this is entertainment. It's not classless, it's not unacceptable....it's someone having fun while winning. It shouldn't even be something you have to deal with.

What???????

Them getting taunted by opposing teams fans is part of their job, which they get paid hansomely for indirectly by us fans. When the players start paying me money to go watch them play, then they can taunt us!

Classless from anyone on the field....IMO.

I guess what bothers me the most is the premeditated aspect of it, and that it was directed at the fans. It took time to find a piece of paper/cardboard, write the message and hold it up...no "emotional reaction" excuse for this one.

I think what bothered me the most is it was obvious this guy was part of the Ravens staff and he wrote it on a WHITE eraser board with the typical black marker that coaches use in games.

I think it was really classless that someone part of the Ravens staff would taunt an opposing home team like that.

Some say, "you are being too sensitive" and "get over it"

Well, the thing is, ..describing this is one thing, SEEING it is quite another. It was as classless as it gets, guys.

Last edited:
I think what bothered me the most is it was obvious this guy was part of the Ravens staff and he wrote it on a WHITE eraser board with the typical black marker that coaches use in games.

I think it was really classless that someone part of the Ravens staff would taunt an opposing home team like that.

Some say, "you are being too sensitive" and "get over it"

Well, the thing is, ..decribing this is one thing, SEEING it is quite another. It was as classless as it gets, guys.

I'm with you, Sack....for a coach or staff member to do this is just wrong. That is just in poor taste.

As the great philosopher D-Day (from Animal House) once said, "We have a little saying in Delta: Don't get mad...get even!"

Wait until the Ravens are officially eliminated from playoff contention and then send a postcard to the team complex c/o the Ravens training staff and write "Same old Ravens".

are you being serious with this post??? i mean, come on, they kicked our a** big time. are you saying you wouldn't laugh if we were beating the bucs next week and somebody held up a sign that said 'same ole bucs'????? get real

This has to be one of the corniest threads I have ever seen. If every fan that has ever saw something like that posted a thread about it; there would be a thread every week.

Sooooo you just happened to catch it this time. So WHAT!! It happens every game. Every team. It hurts because you lost. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn't have seen this thread.

This has to be one of the corniest threads I have ever seen. If every fan that has ever saw something like that posted a thread about it; there would be a thread every week.

Sooooo you just happened to catch it this time. So WHAT!! It happens every game. Every team. It hurts because you lost. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn't have seen this thread.

I've been sitting in my seats for 15 years, same place, visitor side...and not once have I seen a member of the opponents staff do this.

I suggest going to a few games at least, then add your 2 cents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom