Ravens: We won't feel bad beating feel-good Saints (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
They're calling us the "sweethearts of the league."

Baltimore Sun
Ravens: We won't feel bad beating feel-good Saints
By Jamison Hensley
Sun Reporter
Originally published October 26, 2006

In the Ravens' minds, they aren't playing just the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.

They are playing, as coach Brian Billick puts it, "the sweethearts of the league."

"Everybody loves them, and deservedly so. You go in and beat them, you might as well go and beat up Mother Teresa - you know, 'You scums, what are you doing here?' " Billick said. "But that is what we are going to try to do, because there is a great deal of energy and emotion there right now."

READ MORE

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...t26,0,6063027.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

Ravens remember last visit to N.O.
By SHELDON MICKLES
Advocate sportswriter
Published: Oct 26, 2006
Page 1 of 3

METAIRIE — The Baltimore Ravens have never played a regular-season game in the Superdome going into Sunday’s key matchup with the New Orleans Saints, but they have played one exhibition game there.

READ MORE
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/saints/4484961.html

Maybe the trip to New Orleans will have the same effect on McNair and Co. as it reportedly had on McNabb... where they said he was physically and mentally drained from visiting the streets of N.O. prior to the game. yada yada yada

May the best team win.

I hope

This gets posted in the Saints locker room before Sunday's game. I guess no one will believe the Saints are a legitimate team until we win a Super Bowl.

there in for a rude awakening,in the dome for the first regular game,who dat, who dat, who dat say de gonna beat dem saint, who dat,ain't gonna be no friggen bird team, we already got 2 of them, falcons and eagles, our favorite meal,ummmmmmmmmmmm yummmy, RAVEN GUMBO.

I don't really buy the excuse that by touring the devestation somehow the team is less likely to want to beat us. Tampa and Philly both nearly DID beat us, it was only because of things WE did that allowed us to win.

To somehow say that they don't try as hard is insulting to the Saints players who brought their game and pulled off a win.

I am not saying thats what the article specificly says, but alot of other fans and media out there are implying this.

To somehow say that they don't try as hard is insulting to the Saints players who brought their game and pulled off a win.

I am not saying thats what the article specificly says, but alot of other fans and media out there are implying this.

+1.

I don't think its funny or cute, if that was Billick's intent. I also find it insulting and too close to the conspiracy/excuse crowd of Eagle/Falcon fans.

first time in the dome ,in a regular season game ,wait until they see our turf.

IMO, this is an attempt to "cover your arse", in the event of a loss. You know, "well we lost, but remember what I said last week", type of thing. Furthermore, I think it's a shot at the refs, if you really want to read into it. Watch his post game comments; he'll reference how he told everyone last week that we were the sweethearts of the league, and the PI call on Ed Reed was BS. Heh.

I'm sure Billick is going to get a warm reception for that "Mother Teresa" remark.

Oh well, just gives them an excuse when they lose. The Saints are good, that is all that matters to me. Saints 21-Ravens 6!!!

Did that man just call us "sweethearts"?

already posted but I'm sure none of us would mind hearing that we're the sweat hearts all the way to the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom