Ray Lewis explains why defenses in the NFL are under preforming. (1 Viewer)

Boom Boom room. Sounds like a club on Bourbon St.

But yeah, it's just the Saints defense that sucks, right? :rolleyes:

I mean, they're playing bad, but what's bad when the rest of the NFL isn't exactly all that far off?

But yeah, it's just the Saints defense that sucks, right? :rolleyes:

I mean, they're playing bad, but what's bad when the rest of the NFL isn't exactly all that far off?
Nobody is arguing against that. Everyone knows that defenses around the league are playing catch up and that scoring is up.

But even relative to how underwhelming many teams are playing defensively, we are still playing a lot worse than most of them. That’s a legitimate problem.

When it comes to important aspects of defense like opposing passer rating, red zone defense, 3rd down conversions, 40+ yard plays, and penalties, we are absolutely MUCH (much) worse than almost everyone.

And even if scoring is up around the league, we are still allowing more points than all but 6 teams.

The combined record of the 6 teams allowing more points than us is 13-27. We aren’t in very good company there.

His outside the lines issues aside, Ray was arguably the best linebacker to ever play the game.

Since he left football, I think he's mostly acquitted himself well. I don't know if he ever resolved whatever happened because that whole mess was clear as mud, but it's been litigated and nothing else is gonna come from that.

I'm not sure he'll ever actually coach though. He's doing fine as a talking head.

There was an article recently in the Washington post that said the lack of crowd noise benefits offenses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom