Saints RB Abram Smith: “I’d much rather lower my shoulder and run over a DB or LB” (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
As most of you know, he went from RB, to LB, then back to RB.

While he has no problem trucking a defensive player, he prides himself in checking pre-snap reads the defense makes in order for him to avoid a tackle.

When you listen to this young man, you realize he is SMART player and very observant. Underhill and others asked him a question or two, and he gave straight “no BS” answers.

Listen for yourself… he said a lot more! 🤔

:gosaints:

Last edited:
First thing I noticed when watching his film from Baylor was that he plays RB like a LBer. He does not shy away from contact one bit. Matter of fact, he looks for contact! I could definitely see how after a while the DB’s will not want any part of this dude! He’s a power back for sure. I think we may have a real steal with this dude. Can’t wait to see him in preseason! I thought I read that he was LB that was converted to RB.

Yards are yards…whether you truck someone, run around them, fight for the yard….it really doesnt matter to me. Protecting the ball and not making negative plays is the biggest thing for an rb. Keeping the team on schedule and getting the first down when needed. Doesn’t matter how it gets done.

First thing I noticed when watching his film from Baylor was that he plays RB like a LBer. He does not shy away from contact one bit. Matter of fact, he looks for contact! I could definitely see how after a while the DB’s will not want any part of this dude! He’s a power back for sure. I think we may have a real steal with this dude. Can’t wait to see him in preseason! I thought I read that he was LB that was converted to RB.
He started off at RB. Junior year they were short at LB, and asked if he would fill the void. Then switch back in senior year and keep it.

Yards are yards…whether you truck someone, run around them, fight for the yard….it really doesnt matter to me. Protecting the ball and not making negative plays is the biggest thing for an rb. Keeping the team on schedule and getting the first down when needed. Doesn’t matter how it gets done.
Right, I would not advise seeking out contact just for the sake of it. If there is more yardage to be had by juking someone or going the other direction, do that. However, I like that he doesn't mind contact, which could mean more yards after contact. We've needed another bruiser. Hopefully he develops into someone that can help us.

T
Right, I would not advise seeking out contact just for the sake of it. If there is more yardage to be had by juking someone or going the other direction, do that. However, I like that he doesn't mind contact, which could mean more yards after contact. We've needed another bruiser. Hopefully he develops into someone that can help us.
We definitely need an RB that can complement Kamara and give him some plays off. I was hoping we would draft an RB, but i guess we’re going to roll with what we got.

T

We definitely need an RB that can complement Kamara and give him some plays off. I was hoping we would draft an RB, but i guess we’re going to roll with what we got.
I honestly didn’t see any RBs I was in love with in this year’s draft. The Saints must’ve felt the same way. Hopefully who we’ve got works out, or hopefully someone comes available during cutdowns. We just have too many question marks for me to be comfortable.

It's a lot harder than it in college.. It's infinitely better for your health and stats to get people to miss you on angles and not run at people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom