RBS issues global stock and credit crash alert... (1 Viewer)

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Royal Bank of Scotland has advised clients to brace for a full-fledged crash in global stock and credit markets over the next three months as inflation paralyses the major central banks.

"A very nasty period is soon to be upon us - be prepared," said Bob Janjuah, the bank's credit strategist.

A report by the bank's research team warns that the S&P 500 index of Wall Street equities is likely to fall by more than 300 points to around 1050 by September as "all the chickens come home to roost" from the excesses of the global boom, with contagion spreading across Europe and emerging markets.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/06/18/cnrbs118.xml

:1zhelp:

so do i withdraw (cash out) my stocks and sit idle? What exactly does that mean? This is a bit disconcerning to say the least. And as a lay person investor I have no idea what this really means.

There's certainly a risk that the imbalances in the system are going to lead to increased volatility.

But predictions are rarely 100% accurate.

Nevertheless the system is in a pickle right now with slow growth, accelerating inflation, falling property prices, a stagnant stock market, high debt levels, surging government deficits, a weakening employment picture and pressure on derivitives.

I wouldn't want to be Bernanke, or whomever is elected to the White House.

so do i withdraw (cash out) my stocks and sit idle? What exactly does that mean? This is a bit disconcerning to say the least. And as a lay person investor I have no idea what this really means.

It means they are expecting the worst.

Depending on how old you are and what your goals are, there is an argument for leaving some money in and even buying more on the way down.

If you time horizon is decades and you are diversified, you will weather the storms and be in good shape down the road.

If you will need the cash sooner rather than later, then keep close watch.

Things are messy but this is the first major bank that has actually come out warning of essentially a crash.

Gold, silver and cash is what I would suggest-75%
25% in the global stock markets and keep buying all the way down like BA said.

Addendum to Comments Posted by Chris on June 17, 2008 8:18 AM:

He is spot on about what is coming next - global government and currency. Watch for communism to rear it's ugly head, and Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto" to be implemented in the North American Union and the new currency (The Amero).

The 'powers that be' keeps people in two states 'fear and euphoria' through their terrorism and boom/bust cycles, respectively. And when capitalism fails communism is re-introduced just as communism became popular in the 1930s great depression years.

In this machination the 'powers-that-be' keep people confused and labouring for them, and they never want you to find out about another middle way, that is, Islam and it's model of socio-economic justice.

Perhaps that is the reason why the 'powers-that-be' had created a new enemy in Islam to keep people distracted. And because people have been dumped-down through the public education system and entertained thus far, they did not realise what size of the machination and chicanery that was at work.

Perhaps the only way human nature works is when things get a little uncomfortable humans wake up and begin to ask questions.

Watch for WW III between 2009-2014 as a way to distract the masses, and then peace will be presented in the form of a global government with the inaugeration of a global leader, emerging from our greatest ally in the Middle-East. Then everyone will realise for what and for whom we have all been toiling for the past 233 years. It was all a grand masterplan, and we were just 'pawns in the game'.

Awesome

And because people have been dumped-down through the public education system and entertained thus far, they did not realise what size of the machination and chicanery that was at work.
Proves his own point very well.....

Gold, silver and cash is what I would suggest-75%
25% in the global stock markets and keep buying all the way down like BA said.

I recently bought into Franklin BRIC- (brazil, Russia, India, China ) and its take a beating ( lost about 10% over last month ) - I was thinking of dumping that fund but want to atleast get back to break even

BA- I am 37 and have some time. Just want to keep up with everything. So I guess what you are saying is that I should not be over-ly concerned since I do have some time...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom