Read this Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

TenTwo

local shortstop
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alright dude, you already know everything I'm about to say, but here's the expectation we have for YOU in this upcoming home game versus the Bucs....

This week you were possibly the biggest snub in the history of Pro Bowl voting. It's an absolute slap in the face to you, and every fan and player you represent when you put on that uniform. See, with every great accolade and achievement you accomplish, we all take some small pride and ownership in those as well. We all support you, brag about you and take pride in all you do as a New Orleans Saint. You represent the city of NewOrleans, and the region, better than any person on Earth.

To add to that, Tampa Bay held you to 11 points...11 ******** POINTS, only a coupe weeks ago. They essentially ended our season. Mike Smith was sitting up in his box getting as much pleasure shutting you down as a San Diego security guard by the cheerleader section.

It's statement time dude. Embarrass that defense this week. Show the world what fools they are for not casting your name on the Pro bowl *ballot. Remind them who the Greatest is. Do it for you. Do it for us all.

Signed,

Ticked off Saints Fan

I honestly do hope Sean talks to Drew, Cam, and a couple other guys and reminds them how they weren't good enough to be in the Pro Bowl.. ask them "do you accept that judgment?"

For some reason, people outside of the Saints fanbase have always been super-quick to write off Brees. I don't believe it's a conspiracy, nor do I even really think it's intentional, per se.........but it just seems to happen.

With Manning it seemed like we were at least halfway through last season (which isn't even counting his mediocre ending to 2014) before people finally put their foot down and said "ok, this clearly isn't the same QB". With Brady, he'll get a bad game here and there and it seems like people wait it out, assuming that he's gonna respond in "Brady" fashion....which of course usually happens.

With Brees, he can barely have 1 or 2 bad games, and it's already "he's done"...."overpaid"..."Saints need to move on".

QBs, for better or worse are judged by wins and losses and Brees is 20-25 the past 3 years. In his defense, he has been trying his hardest to prop up historically bad defenses. In comparison to some other QBs over the past 3 years, here is where Brees sits:

Brady 33-9
Rodgers 30-16
Big Ben 28-13
Matt Ryan 23-23
Newton 26-16-1
Brees 20-25

QBs, for better or worse are judged by wins and losses and Brees is 20-25 the past 3 years. In his defense, he has been trying his hardest to prop up historically bad defenses. In comparison to some other QBs over the past 3 years, here is where Brees sits:

Brady 33-9
Rodgers 30-16
Big Ben 28-13
Matt Ryan 23-23
Newton 26-16-1
Brees 20-25
For worse! No question about it! This is a TEAM game, not golf, not tennis. You can give a 100% and still lose if the rest is not par to the competition. Completely unfair to disregard a guy playing lights out at his position because the rest of the team is not as good. Sure, he had 2 really bad games, but he still LEADS the NFL in a bunch of QB categories. **** that.

He needs 441 to get to 5,000, then the record will be in reach for the final game.

He needs 919 yards for the record...

That's 459.5 per game. His most yards this season was against the Panthers where he had 465 so he would have to essentially match his best game of the season (yardage-wise) in back to back weeks to grab the record back from Peyton. I don't see it happening, but hell, they may as well go for it. We've nothing left to gain this season barring a miracle.

Well unless he beats them so badly that it counts for 4 wins I don't think anyone will notice. Like it was said before- it's all about the wins with QBs. It's unfair but true.

Well unless he beats them so badly that it counts for 4 wins I don't think anyone will notice. Like it was said before- it's all about the wins with QBs. It's unfair but true.

That should be the goal. So bad it counts as four wins.

For worse! No question about it! This is a TEAM game, not golf, not tennis. You can give a 100% and still lose if the rest is not par to the competition. Completely unfair to disregard a guy playing lights out at his position because the rest of the team is not as good. Sure, he had 2 really bad games, but he still LEADS the NFL in a bunch of QB categories. **** that.

Exactly! +1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom