Read this thread BEFORE you vote on the upcoming MOCK draft poll for our 3rd round pick (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
OK, there are a lot of players that will be on the list for our next pick. Shawn Crable, Dre Moore, Brad Cottam, Jamaal Charles.

Here's my thoughts. I like a lot of these guys. I am open to any swaying of my decision, but I am thinking Brad Cottam, and here's why...

When I look at the other TEs left in the draft, none of them have Brad Cottam's potential. He's the only one with the size and speed. He doesn't have a lot of experience, but the rest of them were under-whelming. There seems to be a lot of OLB and DTs out there, although not as good as Crable or Moore, and I don't know if we really need Jamaal Charles as much as we need someone in one of those other three positions.

Thoughts?

Are you trying to sway people away from your next pick? :D

By the way Dre Moore was taken

I'm not a GM, so no, I am not trying to sway anyone away from my next pick. ;) I didn't see Dre Moore taken, missed that one. Thanks :)

I am open to any swaying of my decision, but I am thinking Brad Cottam

My friend here disagrees...

2hmgb5c.jpg

Crable.jpg

(This is NOT the last time I will post those pics, either. :D)

Dan Morgan would get a concussion just thinking about Crable.

Crable had 90 tackles, 7 sacks and 28.5 TFL this past season.

Our pressure has been dreadful.

To answer the critics who say his pass-rushing skills are better suited for a 3-4/he has skinny calves/he is a liability in coverage:

-Julian Peterson/working out/he's good enough, but he's a WILL; he won't have to account for the TE and any LB matched up against any RB or WR is a mismatch.

Crable has all the tools to be the next Julian Peterson: A pass-rushing force who will blow up the backfield at the WILL position. He is, by far, the best player on the board; he'll contribute right away and will disrupt opposing offenses. Picture this: You're a QB, facing 3rd and long, you look at the pass-rush and see Will Smith, Charles Grant, Bobby McCray and Shawn Crable eyeballing you like a piece of meat... present pants, insert poop.

When the huddle breaks, the Crable will rock! :D

Realistically, I think we will get a TE with our 2nd round pick. Carlson, Davis, Keller....or even a trade for Shockey....we brought in Troupe and made an attempt at Shockey, I think this points to SP really wanting one and it happens in round 2.

Take Crable, Cottam has the potential to be Cam Cleeland part deux. Great size and athleticism but often injured

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom