Ready for the Pelicans era (1 Viewer)

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
I for one am ready for the Pelicans era to begin. This season has been terrible. I knew they were not going to the playoffs but I saw them winning at least 30 games. With all of the Gordon drama, freak injuries to key players (The Brow, Smiht, and Rivers) this season was a wash. Hopefully, they get no higher than the sixth pick in the draft and go from there. Also, this is the last year for Monty to show something as a coach. Time to put up or get the hell on.

Agreed. I want to see a great draft pick and maybe a good FA pickup or a trade. It's time to actually shoot for the playoffs and get out of "rebuilding mode". Can't let the first Pelican season go down like the last Hornets season did.

Agreed. I want to see a great draft pick and maybe a good FA pickup or a trade. It's time to actually shoot for the playoffs and get out of "rebuilding mode". Can't let the first Pelican season go down like the last Hornets season did.

Playoffs will depend on what they do in the off season. If they do nothing there is no way to expect them to get in next year but if they get a solid draft pick and a good free agent than look out.

Playoffs will depend on what they do in the off season. If they do nothing there is no way to expect them to get in next year but if they get a solid draft pick and a good free agent than look out.

Agreed. Hopefully they are aggressive during free agency, but smart.

We have an 8.8% chance of getting the 1st pick. If we end up with a top 5 pick, which is highly likely, I'll be happy.

We're in the 5th slot for the lottery. A rough draft mock/board is looking like:

1. Nerlens Noel (C)
2. Ben McLemore (SG)
3. Marcus Smart (PG/SG)
4. Otto Porter (SF)
5. Trey Burke (PG)/Victor Oladipo (SF)
others: Shabazz Muhammad (SF), Alex Len (C), Cody Zeller (C), Anthony Bennett (SF)

Everyone has their own idea of a good offseason. I'd like to grab Burke, deal Greivis for a later pick or future pick, then sign a SF somehow. Or draft Shabazz, again deal Greivis for a later pick, and grab a FA PG like Brandon Jennings or dare I say it CP3.

We're in the 5th slot for the lottery. A rough draft mock/board is looking like:

1. Nerlens Noel (C)
2. Ben McLemore (SG)
3. Marcus Smart (PG/SG)
4. Otto Porter (SF)
5. Trey Burke (PG)/Victor Oladipo (SF)
others: Shabazz Muhammad (SF), Alex Len (C), Cody Zeller (C), Anthony Bennett (SF)

Everyone has their own idea of a good offseason. I'd like to grab Burke, deal Greivis for a later pick or future pick, then sign a SF somehow. Or draft Shabazz, again deal Greivis for a later pick, and grab a FA PG like Brandon Jennings or dare I say it CP3.

I like either pick. I think Gravy can be an excellent off the bench PG. He has a really cap friendly deal and improved a lot so I would not mind keeping him.

I like either pick. I think Gravy can be an excellent off the bench PG. He has a really cap friendly deal and improved a lot so I would not mind keeping him.

Yeah I like him as a representative of the team (a la Jason Smith) and a backup PG, but not as a starter.

Edit: I like Oladipo's upside, but his lack of shooting ability is troubling and somewhat Aminu-esque.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mcnamara247">mcnamara247</a>: For Burke lovers, odds of Pelicans drafting him went up. From 0% to 2%. Reality is that its Porter, Oladipo, or trade now</p>&mdash; Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherMackel) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/324545523350638592">April 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mcnamara247">mcnamara247</a>: For Burke lovers, odds of Pelicans drafting him went up. From 0% to 2%. Reality is that its Porter, Oladipo, or trade now</p>&mdash; Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherMackel) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/324545523350638592">April 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meh. With Smart staying in school, yeah it's gonna be pretty tough for us to land Burke. Our big (starting) spots to address are PG and SF, with C potentially needing an upgrade over Lopez. Fortunately, C and SF are the big positions in this draft class (PG's a bit top-heavy). If we stay out at ~5, we'll prolly go SF (Porter or Shabazz). If we trade back a little bit (not sure what we'd get in return), we could try for a C (Zeller, Alex Len).

I need to research more on Porter, but it seems he'll be average-above average at virtually everything but not fantastic at anything. Not a bad kind of a player for us to have. On the other hand, we need scoring and Shabazz can do that and has had his eyes on the NBA since high school. I'd be happy with either, especially given a decent free agent PG pool this offseason (CP3, Jennings, Teague).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom