Real Disrepect... (1 Viewer)

ATC Saint

Very Banned
Reaction score
4 point under dogs to a 2-6 team. Dont give me superbowl defenders and all. We have the exact opposite record.

Disrespect is so good for our team. I love it. Underdogs is what the Saints need to be all year. All the way to the Superbowl.

Seems like we go through this every time the Saints are underdogs (or even when we're favored but someone thinks the number is too small). The line has nothing to do with respect.

It seems to be that lines are kind of like college football polls. They are all preset in the preseason and get adjusted as the season goes forward. So, if a team is a surprise, it will take a long time for that to be fully reflected in the line. Add in the extra bump home teams get and the bump from the benefit of the doubt a traditionaly strong team and super bowl champ gets, 4 point dogs is not that unreasonable.

Look at it this way..it should be an easy "give me the points and run" kind of line.

3 pts for the home team is the norm, they just added another point as the Steelers have lost 3 in a row and most think it won't be 4..(I hope it's 4)

This game will probley be the toughest, most physical game to date. The Steelers will be coming out hungry and fighting for a win. Sorry, this game will be a battle

Clearly we should all pool our money together so we can move the line and earn that oh so precious Vegas "respectk"

This game will probley be the toughest, most physical game to date. The Steelers will be coming out hungry and fighting for a win. Sorry, this game will be a battle

cliche master has spoken:hihi:

so they were not hungry for a win last week??? i doubt this game will be more physical than the ravens....

If we revert to the false starts and turnovers like against Baltimore, it will be a long flight home to New Orleans.

Need to FOCUS!

st. dave

If you look at the matchup (unless I'm reading it wrong), we're close AND it's an away game, so the line is pretty close with the Steelers having the edge in several areas. Turnovers are absolutely killin' 'em.

Offense
NO - 361.4 yds game
PB - 363.9 yds game

NO - 3.3 yds/rush
PB - 3.9 yds/rush

NO - 7.5 yds/att
PB - 7.5 yds/att
-----------------------------
Defense
NO - 296.8 yds game
PB - 284.1 yds game

4.5 yds/rush
3.6 yds/rush

5.6 yds/att
6.1 yds/att

http://covers.msnbc.com/data/nfl/game/g1_main_12.html

How about we just worry about the game - I see neither the coaches nor the players worried about the line - or respect from the media for that matter either - neither one determines the outcome of the game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom