Real Lombardi trophy up for bid (1 Viewer)

actual Lombardi is 22 inches.
This one is 16 inches. My guess would be must be a memento given to employees to commemerate the season. (don't believe Tiffany & Co. makes replicas)

This one is 16 inches. My guess would be must be a memento given to employees to commemerate the season. (don't believe Tiffany & Co. makes replicas)

^ this. Theres only one "real" lombardi made each year. I'm sure the saints' is currently at tiffany's getting it's finishing touches.

i knew that, shoulda read it, got caught up in the moment,i was amazed anyone would be selling one,still looks good though

That's definitely tacky.. sure hope the Saints don't hand out replica trophies. There should only be one.
We can always just win a few more Super Bowls and then everyone can have one!

I dont beleive the real Lombardi Trophy has anything written on it except...Vince Lombardi trophy and the superbowl number on it. The real trophy is finished before the superbowl is played. So the Saints have the real one in hand it's not at Tiffany's.

The trophy, created by Tiffany & Co. is valued at $50,000,[2] and depicts a regulation-size football in kicking position that is made entirely of sterling silver, standing 22 inches (56 cm) tall, weighing 7 pounds (3.2 kg), it takes approximately four months and 72 man-hours to create. The words "Vince Lombardi Trophy" are engraved and the NFL shield is affixed in a separate item onto the base. After the trophy is awarded, it is sent back to Tiffany's to be engraved with the winning team's name, the date and final score of the Super Bowl, and then is sent back to the winning team for them to keep. For the first four games, both the NFL and the AFL logos were in the center of the trophy. Starting from Super Bowl V through XLII, the NFL shield with more than 20 stars has been on the forefront. As of Super Bowl XLIII a newer, modernized NFL shield (with eight stars and a rotated football designed akin to that atop the trophy) replaced the older logo. Otherwise, the trophy has had no significant changes made since the first Super Bowl.

Since Super Bowl XXX, it is presented to the winning team's owner on the field following the game. Previously, it was presented inside the winning team's locker room. At every Super Bowl, two Lombardi trophies are present in the unfortunate event that one is accidentally destroyed in celebration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Lombardi_Trophy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom