Real Reason Smith & Vilma have yet to be released (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Seems to me the Saints are being too loyal to Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma...I love both guys but I definitely think Smith's time is up with this franchise...besides the cap hit..could it be the Saints don't want to let these guys go because there is more to be told from BountyGate?? I sure hope not...I know these guys took the brunt of the punishment from the player perspective but I think it's time to move on and we certainly don't need any more distractions from that Bounty crap going into the 2013 season.

Please cut Harper, Smith, Vilma, and Herring. The franchise needs to move on. Thank them for their services and to the right move and business move...CUT THEM. Free up cap and be FA winners again this season! WHO DAT!

What more could there be? Unless they tried to hire an actual hitman to take out Manning before the Super Bowl, I think the bounty crap has been thoroughly "investigated" and exaggerated to the point that there couldn't possibly be anything else.

No. They are great chAracter guys and team leaders. It's hard to part with those kind of guys

Please cut Harper, Smith, Vilma, and Herring. The franchise needs to move on. Thank them for their services and to the right move and business move...CUT THEM. Free up cap and be FA winners again this season! WHO DAT!

Who are the Saints going to get after they cut these players that's better? And would the Saints be able to afford them??

Some mentioned Ed Reed, and James Harrison as possible replacements. But can we afford them and what about the cap hit by just outright releasing Harper, Smith and Vilma. And doesn't Harper's contract have a huge cap hit on the team if he's released?

Real reason is more likely they want them to take a pay cut & are willing to gve them every opportunity to accept that pay cut.

They would rather that than cut them & cost ourselves 7-8m in dead cap space

If we don't get rid of will smith when they have a ton of good CBs in this free agency I will be mad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom