realistic hopes and dreams (1 Viewer)

See Hard

Spelling Police
Reaction score
Trade for Vilma with a middle round pick. for the sake of this post ill say a 4th.

I think that he can come back from the surgery strong especially if our staff eases him back to full speed. then we have a 25 year old stud MLB.

FA

Drayton Florence... decent stop gap until MM is healthy.

Demorrio Williams... Lance Briggs is a 9er already IMO. Roosevelt Colvin might be a solid pickup if he really does get released.

Andre Davis... did a great job when Andre Johnson was out last year.

Randall Gay... we probably already have the hometown advantage. much better nickel than craft.

Draft

1. DRC... im trying not to get my hopes up too high but im getting really excited that we could be in position to get "the next deion"

2. Goff, MLB Vandy... Im assuming that Lofton is already gone and Goff apparently had a great interview with Coach P. and Mickey

3. Okam, DT Texas. This is the position where we dont need an immediate starter but a rotation piece. so I think its a safe bet to draft Okam and let him learn behind Thomas and Young.

4. Vilma Trade hopefully

5. Dexter Jackson... Kick returner, slot reciever, BURNER

6. Dominique Barber S, Project.. could turn into a stud.

7. BPA ..maybe a QB

i would be happy with that offseason

this is a pretty good mock IMO...much better than the one i was just lookin at that had Goff going in like the 4th or 5th...lol.....

I would be very happy if things went this way and they just might

I like Mayo better then Goff, but overall I love this draft. I think its likely Mayo goes before our pick so Goff would be a great 2nd round pickup, especially now that his speed criticisms have been silenced.

Just looking at the past few years drafts though, I think theres noway Mayo, Lofton, Conner, or Rivers isn't staring us in the face at 41. One of them will be there.

yea... im sure that someone will fall to us... but we absolutely need a MLB there not a project to turn into a MLB ... this is someone we need to jump up and start from day 1. so Rivers is not my guy but hes long gone by then anyway IMO.

And btw Goff has one of the better highlight videos :ezbill:

Just looking at the past few years drafts though, I think theres noway Mayo, Lofton, Conner, or Rivers isn't staring us in the face at 41. One of them will be there.

IT'S GETTING EXCITING AIN'T IT.... I AGREE WITH YA, ONE OF THOSE STUD'S WILL BE THERE AT 41.

Looks good as well and yes, I concur that we will probably get a quality LB in the 2nd.

To nitpick, do you really thing we are going to sign two corners(Gay & Florence) and then draft one in the first round?
Also, are we going to sign & trade for two linebackers and then draft one in the 2nd.

We might need it, but just don't think it will happen. Maybe sprinkle in a safety or offensive lineman.

i think we sign 2 corners and draft one because MM's status is really unknown as of now... he might be gone all year. and Vilma is the same scenario... if we trade for him i DONT want to have to rush him back because if we let that knee heal properly weve got a stud for years for a 4th rounder, thus Goff in the second to minimize Vilma's playing time on his road to recovery. if we dont get williams id be all for picking up the best LB available in the 2nd. as long as Vilma can heal

This is the best, most-realistic looking offseason prediction that I have seen. I think Gay is a bit of overkill with D Florence. DF could play #1 until MM is back and then DRC gets to learn in the nickel. I also would love to get a OLB in the 2nd, but I understand your reasoning behind Goff. Also, thank you for realizing that unless we get Dorsey or Ellis, our DT's are our 3rd priority. They weren't horrible (like LB and CB), they just weren't at full speed. They were hurt and tired the whole year. This offseason would put us with the Giants, right behind Dallas and Green Bay. I'll take that.

Well See Hard, thats a post.

Try to make sense out of that one! LOL

"realistic hopes and dreams " is the title here, huh? I guess realism has changed since I was a pup.

I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

ddd

i think we sign 2 corners and draft one because MM's status is really unknown as of now... he might be gone all year. and Vilma is the same scenario... if we trade for him i DONT want to have to rush him back because if we let that knee heal properly weve got a stud for years for a 4th rounder, thus Goff in the second to minimize Vilma's playing time on his road to recovery. if we dont get williams id be all for picking up the best LB available in the 2nd. as long as Vilma can heal

We still have Craft, David and Young, I don't think were going to sign and draft 3 corners (in all) we may not like Craft and David, but the Saints do, I think we definetly pick up a corner early though (1st or 2nd round) but I think we will get a tightend and OT also, and maybe a runningback, u gotta factor in value picks, we don't know who could fall at a good spot for us to take him.

We don't kbow how the draft will turn out, but I think we can rest assure all our needs will be filled (CB, DT, LB) were gonna have some young guys contributing next year, and I think it will makeour defense better, but we can expect some mistakes to.....patience grass hoppers.

It sure would be nice to get Vilma without giving up a pick in this draft. That 4th rounder could make a difference. Trade them Bullocks?

With the 4th grab an OL and keep that train alive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom