Realistic / Ideal Rest of Offseason (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sign Ben Troupe - release eric johnson
-Just as good, willing to go for potential here. billy miller is a solid other option

Trade Josh Bullocks and 3rd rounder to Oakland for michael huff and their 4th
- Change of scenery for both players. Oakland signed gibril wilson and they have no pick in the third which makes trade appealing for them. We get a former top ten pick with potential and move back into the fourth.

Trade #10 to Cowboys for their #22 and #28 - they have a nasty depth chart. the only thing lacking is a running back to complement barber. Mendenhall and stewart are looking quite nice after the combine and i could def see jerry jones loving that pick.

WIth our first 3 picks, take the BPA for DT, CB, LB -> not even gonna predict who is gonna fall where cause this is so up in the air as of now. Ideally - Balmer, Jenkins, and Mayo/Connor for me.

Overall, adds a ton of youth and potential to our defense as well as competition for spots. Would love to see this work out and definitely think its possible.

Other than Troupe, I've gotta say I'd be pretty much 100% against the rest of your moves. And not to spoil your ideal scenario, but unless McFadden is still on the board at 10 (which I highly doubt) there is no way Jerry trades us his #22 & #28... at all.

I'd rather look at KcKelvin, Wheeler, Laws (in that order).

And I really don't see the FO getting rid of Bullocks. But I could be wrong.

you say realistic, then you have us making trades for people we dont nessasarily need, you'd just like to have....are we gonna have to hear about Bullocks all offseason and all season....is he the new whipping boy?

I side with Dart on the Bullocks issue our FO still has faith in him.

I really like Rivers but 22 and 28 could possibly get us Balmer and a first round talented DB. Id say stay at #10.

Troupe is a good option. But I dont know if hes the definitive answer at TE.

What's the word on troupe anyways? wasn't he here for a visit? Is he gone or what?

STAY AWAY FROM BALMER. That said, the propositions are more on the ideal side than realistic, and the only idea I really like is Bullocks for Huff. Dallas has been rumored to want to move up and draft McFadden, but their major needs are WR and CB. Also, it is looking like the Jets are going to take McFaddenaccording to Rotoworld. Another point is Eric Johnson is a free agent. He only had a one year deal with us, therefore there is no need to release him. If it were me, I would sign both Troupe and Johnson.

you say realistic, then you have us making trades for people we dont nessasarily need, you'd just like to have....are we gonna have to hear about Bullocks all offseason and all season....is he the new whipping boy?

I have no idea what you are alluding to, but Bullocks has been bad for a couple of years. He has poor pass/run recognition. He has given up a ton of deep balls. I did not see a lot of improvement from his first year. People have been talking about his poor play. This is nothing new.

I also like the Huff idea. I think he can play FS. Bullocks would make a better SS, and could back up Harper.

I have no idea what you are alluding to, but Bullocks has been bad for a couple of years. He has poor pass/run recognition. He has given up a ton of deep balls. I did not see a lot of improvement from his first year. People have been talking about his poor play. This is nothing new.

Got it. So that's why Jerry Jones would want him, right?

Got it. So that's why Jerry Jones would want him, right?

To be fair no one had said Jerry Jones would want him. The idea was to trade our loose baggage and our 3rd to the Raiders for Michael Huff and their fourth. Personally, I'd make the trade for just Huff and they could keep their fourth for all I care. Huff is worth a 3rd and 4th, he would instantly make our secondary better, and our corners know they have a reliable safety behind them.

Also, Al Davis owns the Raiders, Jerry Jones owns the cowboys. In the OP the poster said he would like us to trade our 10th overall for their (Cowboys) 2 first round picks. No Saints players were exchanged/given to the Cowboys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom