Realistically, what would give up for #1 pick ?? (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sorry, if already posted. Don't have time to look back at all threads to read.

Listening to my drunk buddies talking about Burrow.

I'm on the " no way in Hell we get Burrow " thinking and just moving on.

One wants to do a Ricky Williams trade thing.

The other wants to give up two 1st , Kamara, and Latimore?

I say, stay put grab Love, or Tua if they fall . Keep Taysom as their heir and find that joker player that Taysom was.

However, realistically, I would give up two 1st , 3rd. 4th this year and Kamara. Maybe next year's 3rd and or 5th to sweeten it

What would you give up to get Burrow, seriously??

For me, asking for draft picks in addition to players of AK41, Latt, MT, etc is ridiculous. I get there is a “formula” and come draft time draft picks are at a premium. But it doesn’t make sense that an established player’s value is low or non existent during a draft.
Example: during the trade deadline, AK41 could get you minimum a 1st rd pick. MT could get more. So, why would anyone of those players have to be thrown in with a haul of draft picks?
IF, and I said IF.....if I had to package something, I’d send the 24th pick, AK41 (though I rather not), next years 1st and 4th the most and I may ask for a player in return. I know that would be a lowball offer in essence, but I would mortgage everything for one guy. Not doing it

Last edited:
Sorry, if already posted. Don't have time to look back at all threads to read.

Listening to my drunk buddies talking about Burrow.

I'm on the " no way in Hell we get Burrow " thinking and just moving on.

One wants to do a Ricky Williams trade thing.

The other wants to give up two 1st , Kamara, and Latimore?

I say, stay put grab Love, or Tua if they fall . Keep Taysom as their heir and find that joker player that Taysom was.

However, realistically, I would give up two 1st , 3rd. 4th this year and Kamara. Maybe next year's 3rd and or 5th to sweeten it

What would you give up to get Burrow, seriously??
I wouldn't give up nothing. Stay where I'm at in the draft at 24.

We are losing Marcus Williams and probably armstead to salary cap. And I’m not sold that we have to keep AK.
Based on what I have seen Cincy, Wash, Det needs we could trade a variation of #24, next years #1 along with those 3 players to get to either the Redskins or Det pick and then go up to #1 with remaining.

If you talking about putting Lattimore or Thomas in a trade for picks, They better be giving us more than just the number 1 pick. You are talking about 2 of the best if not the best players at their position. no way you give that up for a prospect. Burrow may be best QB of all time but also my be mentioned in same sentence as Jamarcus as biggest bust of all time. You never know.

Just look at what Jacksonville got for ramsey. 2 first and a second and he refused to play for the team. Amazing how his back issues stopped after the trade.

Yeah right...You got Miami who has 3 first rounder and many other draft picks they can use to move up. Cincinnati would have better value trading with Miami because they are just a few slots down. Whereas we are 24. You want to gut the team by getting rid of key players and a bunch of draft picks for one player that no one knows how he will turn out?

Armstead to Redskins for the #2. Kamara + #2 + #24 for the #1 overall. Done. Realistically, that's all it should take. We are giving them a top 5 producing RB over the last 3 yrs, the number 2 and number 24 pick. They can grab the next best QB and sign the best OL available at 24 which addresses their most serious needs.

Or if we have to give up more picks. We do so but get AJ Green or Taj Boyd in return.

Armstead to Redskins for the #2. Kamara + #2 + #24 for the #1 overall. Done. Realistically, that's all it should take. We are giving them a top 5 producing RB over the last 3 yrs, the number 2 and number 24 pick. They can grab the next best QB and sign the best OL available at 24 which addresses their most serious needs.

Or if we have to give up more picks. We do so but get AJ Green or Taj Boyd in return.

That’s not realistic at all.

That’s not realistic at all.
Fine. We'll give them Marcus Williams as well. They need help at safety. He's still cheap and stats-wise, has produced like a 1st round safety. Now they get one of the most dynamic RB's in the league, one of the top producing young FS, the #2 and the #24. The problem with all of the past and speculative draft trades is that top producing players are seldom involved. So there's no real precedent for it. Rather than mortgage our next 3 drafts, we offer top talent that is still young. If they don't want it. Fine. We walk. They'll be burning up the phone come draft day.

The big question is not what the Saints will do rather what the Bengals will do for a Klondike Bar. If Cincinnati wants those in exchange for Joe, then by all means N.O should back up an armored Ice Cream truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom