Realistically, what would give up for #1 pick ?? (1 Viewer)

Fine. We'll give them Marcus Williams as well. They need help at safety. He's still cheap and stats-wise, has produced like a 1st round safety. Now they get one of the most dynamic RB's in the league, one of the top producing young FS, the #2 and the #24. The problem with all of the past and speculative draft trades is that top producing players are seldom involved. So there's no real precedent for it. Rather than mortgage our next 3 drafts, we offer top talent that is still young. If they don't want it. Fine. We walk. They'll be burning up the phone come draft day.
I think the part that he’s saying is unrealistic is #2 for armstead. Probably gonna take #24, armstead, and Marcus Williams for #2. Then #2 and AK for #1.

Sorry, if already posted. Don't have time to look back at all threads to read.

Listening to my drunk buddies talking about Burrow.

I'm on the " no way in Hell we get Burrow " thinking and just moving on.

One wants to do a Ricky Williams trade thing.

The other wants to give up two 1st , Kamara, and Latimore?

I say, stay put grab Love, or Tua if they fall . Keep Taysom as their heir and find that joker player that Taysom was.

However, realistically, I would give up two 1st , 3rd. 4th this year and Kamara. Maybe next year's 3rd and or 5th to sweeten it

What would you give up to get Burrow, seriously??
Nothing. No guarantees that successful college QBs become HOF NFL QBs.

Fine. We'll give them Marcus Williams as well. They need help at safety. He's still cheap and stats-wise, has produced like a 1st round safety. Now they get one of the most dynamic RB's in the league, one of the top producing young FS, the #2 and the #24. The problem with all of the past and speculative draft trades is that top producing players are seldom involved. So there's no real precedent for it. Rather than mortgage our next 3 drafts, we offer top talent that is still young. If they don't want it. Fine. We walk. They'll be burning up the phone come draft day.

Armstead isn’t worth the number-2 pick, for starters. Far from it.

Draft picks are invaluable for a number of reasons, but the biggest benefit over vets is the $$$.

Even if Burrow weren’t the Bengals top option (he is), it would be virtually impossible to get up to number-1. Much less, doing so without multiple 1s and 2s.

Armstead to Redskins for the #2. Kamara + #2 + #24 for the #1 overall. Done. Realistically, that's all it should take. We are giving them a top 5 producing RB over the last 3 yrs, the number 2 and number 24 pick. They can grab the next best QB and sign the best OL available at 24 which addresses their most serious needs.

Or if we have to give up more picks. We do so but get AJ Green or Taj Boyd in return.
The Redskins are going to give up the overall #2 draft pick for Armstead. What are you drinking to think that anyone would give up a #1 for Armistead?

Kamara’s trade value isn’t nearly what people think. He has 1 year left on his current deal. He’s going to command a big raise. Who thinks paying RB’s a ton of money is a good investment? Especially on a team with limited space.

This situation has to be thought about in a businesslike manner. It’s not just A matter of matching up talent.

Burrow on a rookie deal, under team control for 5 years is a huge asset (provided he can live up to expectations).

It’s too bad AK’s value isn’t what it’s projected to be. If it were, I’d jump to deal him in a package for Burrow. Think of the financial impact this would have. The Saints would benefit hugely by having the most expensive position on the field locked in to a 5 year rookie deal while avoiding paying a RB silly money.

Even if Burrow weren’t the Bengals top option (he is), it would be virtually impossible to get up to number-1. Much less, doing so without multiple 1s and 2s.
Virtually impossible is correct.

Just look at what the Rams gave up in 2016 to move up from 15 to number 1 overall.

Rams gave the Titans:
Two first round picks (2016, and 2017)
Two second round picks (2016)
Two third round picks (2016, and 2017)

they gave up 6 total picks, including two firsts. To move up and ultimately get Jared Goff.

And that was from #15 to #1. Imagine how much more you would have to give to go from #24 to #1...

For me, asking for draft picks in addition to players of AK41, Latt, MT, etc is ridiculous. I get there is a “formula” and come draft time draft picks are at a premium. But it doesn’t make sense that an established player’s value is low or non existent during a draft.
Example: during the trade deadline, AK41 could get you minimum a 1st rd pick. MT could get more. So, why would anyone of those players have to be thrown in with a haul of draft picks?
IF, and I said IF.....if I had to package something, I’d send the 24th pick, AK41 (though I rather not), next years 1st and 4th the most and I may ask for a player in return. I know that would be a lowball offer in essence, but I would mortgage everything for one guy. Not doing it

Established players value is low due to the rookie wage scale. Kamara at 900k dollars a year is worth a ton. AK on a holdout for 15 million a year isn't worth a 1st round pick.

We are losing Marcus Williams and probably armstead to salary cap. And I’m not sold that we have to keep AK.
Based on what I have seen Cincy, Wash, Det needs we could trade a variation of #24, next years #1 along with those 3 players to get to either the Redskins or Det pick and then go up to #1 with remaining.

If the Saints do make a move, thats very possible scenario. Im thinking its more a feasible with Det than anyone because they could try and move into that pick at their position.

Established players value is low due to the rookie wage scale. Kamara at 900k dollars a year is worth a ton. AK on a holdout for 15 million a year isn't worth a 1st round pick.
Jaylen Ramsey went for 2 first rd picks and a fourth who is on his last year of a deal in 2020. He will command record breaking money. Amari Cooper went for a first rd pick in the last year of his contract. He will command top dollar as well. AK41 will not command $15 million, it will never happen.

Jaylen Ramsey went for 2 first rd picks and a fourth who is on his last year of a deal in 2020. He will command record breaking money. Amari Cooper went for a first rd pick in the last year of his contract. He will command top dollar as well. AK41 will not command $15 million, it will never happen.

Couple teams will pay that for AK41. One of the ones I think that would bite on that is Washington.

Couple teams will pay that for AK41. One of the ones I think that would bite on that is Washington.
A team that needs to fill a stadium would pay good money, but at $15 million? Can’t see that happening. That’s more than Todd Gurley money. AK41’s production has been good, but it hasn’t been pre-knee injury Todd Gurley good

Both of those were in season trades to teams that thought they had a chance to compete immediately. The rams went all in to win this year, and it's going to end up killing the franchise for years to come.

Also, AK might be worth a first round pick, but not a high first round pick where most of the posters suggesting these trades have him valued.

What it comes down to is that AK + picks is not going to be enough to get us to pick no.1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom