really 3pm centrol time tomorrow is the deadline (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
to getting under the cap, so we might not see the cuts til tomorrow

Well it's 8p.m. your way, I think I'm gonna close down shop (computer) for the day. I was praying that the moves would be made today. I'm worn out by not knowing. I guess i'll have to wait for manana.

Forgive me for being un-knowledgeable on this subject, but what happens if we are over the cap come this deadline tomorrow?

Forgive me for being un-knowledgeable on this subject, but what happens if we are over the cap come this deadline tomorrow?

So...what happens if a team goes over the Salary Cap?

Answer: The short answer is simply that NO team CAN go over the Salary Cap. Note that every contract must go through the NFL League Office before the deal can be made official. Presumably, one of the things the league must do at this time is determine whether or not the contract would violate the NFL's Salary Cap. If the deal does violate the cap, then the NFL will reject it.

If a team releases or trades a player and the signing bonus acceleration puts a team over the Salary Cap, the team will have seven days to conform with the Salary Cap. However, they may not sign any players until there is room to do so under the Salary Cap.

There have been instances in which a team has managed to sneak a cap evading contract by the league. Upon further review, the violations were caught by the league and the respective teams were penalized. Penalties include fines and/or forfeiture of draft picks. In recent history both the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers have been penalized draft picks, while the 49ers' front office personnel (Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark) were also fined.
NFL Salary Cap - FAQ

Maybe I need to start investing in other spots. I'm so pumped about 3pm coming up today

dude me too, i woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to check saints report just because i "knew" something was released after i went to bed. im gonna be on this site all day pressing F5. gonna go nuts if i have to wait until 3/4/5 to hear any news.

dude me too, i woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to check saints report just because i "knew" something was released after i went to bed. im gonna be on this site all day pressing F5. gonna go nuts if i have to wait until 3/4/5 to hear any news.

Ditto:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom