Really believe we have a pretty good chance to land either Dorsey or Ellis.... (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Here's why:

Over 90% of the NFL drafts I've read, and I've read over 20 or so, either Dorsey or Ellis is available at #9 to the Bengals. And guess what? Each mock draft has the Bengals picking one of these guys. Moreover, the mock drafts have the Ravens, who pick # 8, usually picking either QB or CB, but NOT Dorsey or Ellis.

The bottom line: whomever the Ravens pick at #8 will most definitely be there at #10, b/c the Bengals draft needs are different from the Ravens, who need a QB or CB.

You can bet that Saints Mgmt has thought of this too, and if either Dorsey or Ellis is available, and I'm gonna say that's an 80% chance of happening, we MUST trade up w/ the Ravens, who will probably not select either Dorsey or Ellis, AND who will definitely have their guy available at #10.

So.....

80% chance of Dorsey or Ellis available at #8 where the Ravens pick
75% chance of the Ravens NOT selecting DT
80% chance we trade up w/ the Ravens and select Dorsey or Ellis

BRING ON DRAFT DAY!!!

I really think it all depends on if Atlanta drafts Dorsey or not. If Atlanta drafts Matt Ryan :)crossfingers:) then I truely believe that we will land Dorsey or Ellis by trading up to #7 or #8.

....Unfortunately I think theres about a 80% chance that ATL drafts Dorsey :mad: .....I really hope I am wrong tho.

the Falcons need a QB, and Ryan is the safest bet out there....but you're right, if the Falcons pick Dorsey at #3, the odds of getting Ellis goes down. Think the Chiefs might nab Ellis, but it's certainly possible Ellis still is available at #8 where we could trade up.

personally, i'm thinking atlanta takes the long that's an OT. or at least hoping that.

If one of the DT's are available at 7-8, don't be surprised to see the Bengals trade up a spot or two to asure themselves of landing one of the two big men. Believe me, they know we want a DT just as we know they want one. Our main saving grace is the Bengals have a lot of holes to fill and may not want to trade up for said reason giving us an opening to land a DT if we so choose. I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

The smart move for Atlanta is to grab Brohm in the second round and draft a big guy in the first...

Both Dorsey and Ellis will probably go within the top five. It would take a miracle.

I really think it all depends on if Atlanta drafts Dorsey or not. If Atlanta drafts Matt Ryan :)crossfingers:) then I truely believe that we will land Dorsey or Ellis by trading up to #7 or #8.

....Unfortunately I think theres about a 80% chance that ATL drafts Dorsey :mad: .....I really hope I am wrong tho.

exactly what i was thinking....will keep hope alive on getting either one, but i'm putting my trust into the FO (they're doing a great job so far with FA) :9:

Anything is possible.

Who thought that Houston would pass on Reggie?
Who thought Brady would slide as far as he did?

Atlanta and KC will each take DT. Especially since Miami is being quiet on their pick and I have a hunch they'll surprise us by picking Matt Ryan. I predict another drunk draft for me. Last year I had to read the paper to find out who we got in the 2nd and 3rd because I got so snockered I couldn't remember. It's a mixture of the suspense getting to me and frustration of the picks. Don't judge me. :adrinka:

Atlanta and KC will each take DT. Especially since Miami is being quiet on their pick and I have a hunch they'll surprise us by picking Matt Ryan. I predict another drunk draft for me. Last year I had to read the paper to find out who we got in the 2nd and 3rd because I got so snockered I couldn't remember. It's a mixture of the suspense getting to me and frustration of the picks. Don't judge me. :adrinka:

I have a strong feeling that KC will take the best available OL.

I have a strong feeling that KC will take the best available OL.

So do I, last year they went all out on drafting DTs (Turk McBride, Tank Tyler), they really like both. I dont see them drafting Ellis or Dorsey.
Plus their OL is pathetic. I could see them really wanting to trade down.

Could someone please confirm if there is any truth to the rumor that Atlanta will swap picks with Cincy for Chad Johnson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom