Really Tired of This Pattern on Defense (4 Viewers)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
1st down - opponent rushes for 2-3 yards
2nd down - opponent throws for a short gain or throws an incompletion
3rd down - 3rd and 4...3rd and 20...doesn't matter. It's a first down

We have to find a way to get better on third down.

When a team scored on 7 of 8 straight drives, you know you are giving up a ton of 3rd downs, letting them burn the clock, and limiting chances for your offense.

Don't forget on the big cushion on 2nd down that gets exploited every time....

We have to find a way to get better on third down.

When a team scored on 7 of 8 straight drives, you know you are giving up a ton of 3rd downs, letting them burn the clock, and limiting chances for your offense.

It's called a pass rush. We don't have one. We have Cam Jordan and a bunch of dudes. Without a significant improvement in talent at DE I don't believe we will see any improvement.

A smart, experienced offense with a gunslinger QB who can move got the better of our young, inexperienced D. We're well coached. And we have lots of talent.

This defense is closer than it's ever been to not just being average, but being good. Just need more time, more health, and the right players.

When you have bell and Webb on one side of the defense, you won't win a lot of games. Honesty, I like them, but do you really think half the players on our defense can start on another team?

Easy to blame it on the defense but no way the Offense should get a pass today. Offense stunk it up worse than the Defense today. On to next year...put a fork in the 2016 season.

DEFENSE? THey were in the field for 67 plays and held them to 28 points. This one clearly on the offense and SP. Granted the 3rd and 10 botch hurt in second half, but O sputtered all day.

Detroit was only 5-13 on 3rd downs and I'm shocked by this number. I would've bet a large sum of money that they were like 20 out of 15. 125% success rate.

I am no playacting genius but knew when we needed a stop and Detroit running clock in shotgun formation a HB draw was coming, 8 yard easy gain for a no name RB. 3rd down draw not on, clearly going to be a low risk pass play - a screen screaming out in neon lights before the snap. 9 1/2 yards.

Front 4 needs to get better. Until we draft a bona fide edge rusher this defines will go nowhere (even with Jordan and Rankins)

Everybody blames the offense when the defense cant get off the field. With 11 mins left we had a chance to get them off the field down by a td and they blew it. Then did it again the next time. We cant establish offensive rhythm if the offense doesnt have the ball much!!!!!!!

DEFENSE? THey were in the field for 67 plays and held them to 28 points. This one clearly on the offense and SP. Granted the 3rd and 10 botch hurt in second half, but O sputtered all day.

About 25 of those 67 plays were there fault because they couldn't stop them from driving the field all day.

The defense wasn't any good today, especially situationally. And constantly giving up 3rd downs hurts on offense. Less possessions, no rhythm, players get cold, etc.

Offense sucked too. Lions dominated our WRs and our OL got owned.

Held to 28 points? You think that's good. The D couldn't get off the field today. Not a single 3 and out that I can remember. The D was horrible. The O was no better, but the D stunk up the joint today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom