Really wish we had signed Brady last year (1 Viewer)

I don't think we would have gotten the storybook ending. Brady didn't play great in the playoffs (as usual), Payton wouldn't give control of the offense away, and even with Brady I doubt we get so many favorable calls and lucky breaks.
PERIOD.

The blatant disdain the league office has for Sean Payton supersedes any and all favoritism they have of Brady. Giving Brady the benefit of any call = benefiting Payton; not going to happen with that weasel of a commissioner.

There's a reason we're the only team that got more than a hand slap for "COVID violations" while the Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, Patriots, ect had far worse violations yet went nearly unpunished. Oh and not to mention how he was involuntarily removed from the competition committee. Anybody that refuses to read between the lines chooses to remain blissfully ignorant.
Lol. He was as close to perfect as a Qb could be vs us and the Chiefs.
Did you watch our game?

With 4:41 left in the 3rd quarter, Brady was 12 for 24 for only 103 yds and 1 TD before Cook gave the ball away on a drive we should've gone up by 10 with a quarter to play. That's far from perfect.

That TD (for 3 yards) was only because the Buccaneers defense nearly had a pick-6 and was knocked out at that 3 yard line.

The only way the Buccaneers could score a TD in our game was if their defense generated a turnover gifting their offense with a short field because Brady and the offense couldn't move the ball otherwise against the Saints defense, only generating 9 points when they had to string together a long drive. Had Cook not fumbled and we gone up 10 on that drive, Brady would've looked even worse than Brees trying to push the ball downfield and getting picked.

As for the Super Bowl, Brady played better but again, the catalyst was the Buccaneers defense grounding the Chiefs' offense.

Drew was to retire at end of 2019 season. When he found out that the replacement was to be Brady, he came back for another year.

So the ONLY way we would have secured Brady was to completely dismiss the one QB that brought the Saints from bottom 10 in league to perennial top 8.

Sean, Mickey nor Gayle was going to treat Drew in that manner and i commend them for that.
Not just this. I think people are forgetting that we dealt with injuries last year, too. Not to the level we have in ‘21, but our talent on Offense was still below Tampa’s last year. Brady has spent the better part of nearly two season playing with arguable three #1 WR’s, two #1 TE’s a top line and a very good RB1. Last season we played games without AK, MT, ES, TQS, DH and TH. A few of them multiple times. Our line was a carousel as usual. I don’t think he would have faired as well as so many are just automatically assuming. Younger Brady could carry a team off nameless faces; older Brady has needed top tier talent around him so all he has to do is pitch and catch.

PERIOD.

The blatant disdain the league office has for Sean Payton supersedes any and all favoritism they have of Brady. Giving Brady the benefit of any call = benefiting Payton; not going to happen with that weasel of a commissioner.

There's a reason we're the only team that got more than a hand slap for "COVID violations" while the Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, Patriots, ect had far worse violations yet went nearly unpunished. Oh and not to mention how he was involuntarily removed from the competition committee. Anybody that refuses to read between the lines chooses to remain blissfully ignorant.

Did you watch our game?

With 4:41 left in the 3rd quarter, Brady was 12 for 24 for only 103 yds and 1 TD before Cook gave the ball away on a drive we should've gone up by 10 with a quarter to play. That's far from perfect.

That TD (for 3 yards) was only because the Buccaneers defense nearly had a pick-6 and was knocked out at that 3 yard line.

The only way the Buccaneers could score a TD in our game was if their defense generated a turnover gifting their offense with a short field because Brady and the offense couldn't move the ball otherwise against the Saints defense, only generating 9 points when they had to string together a long drive. Had Cook not fumbled and we gone up 10 on that drive, Brady would've looked even worse than Brees trying to push the ball downfield and getting picked.

As for the Super Bowl, Brady played better but again, the catalyst was the Buccaneers defense grounding the Chiefs' offense.
I thought I was alone. That's why I said the Bucs didn't beat us but he gave that game away. They should have lost against the Packers with Brady throwing the ball away but the defense held it down, and in the SB, Brady gave us his best Brad Johnson impersonation while that defense cooked the Chiefs all game long..lol

So, it begs the question.. Was it selfish of Drew, and how badly (and for how long) will it hurt the team? I love Drew and everything he stands for. But if the come-back was solely due to keeping Brady away, that's kinda crappy.
Considering most fans AND HIS TEAMMATES were begging him to run it back one last time, I don’t find it selfish at all. I’m sure he didn’t want Brady to ever dawn the Black & Gold. As a competitor, I can’t blame him. I would bet my last dollar that before Tom ended up in Tampa, he would’ve hated the idea of Brees jumping to New England. I bet he’d flip a table at the thought of Rodgers going up there next season.That’s how competitors are. However, I don’t believe Drew’s only objective was to thwart Brady from coming here.

Drew legit wanted to win with his football family in that locker room and for the city. People are looking back now and lamenting him coming back. But when Drew initially posted his return to Instagram and especially when we walloped Brady twice in the regular season, practically no one was crying about Tommy not being our QB1.

Last edited:
Considering most fans AND HIS TEAMMATES were begging him to run it back one last time, I don’t find it selfish at all. I’m sure he didn’t want Brady to ever dawn the Black & Gold. As a competitor, I can’t blame him. I would bet my last dollar that before Tom ended up in Tampa, he would’ve hated the idea of Brees jumping to New England. I bet he’d flip a table at the thought of Rodgers going up their next season.That’s how competitors are. However, I don’t believe Drew’s only objective was to thwart Brady from coming here.

Drew legit wanted to win with his football family in that locker room and for the city. People are looking back now and lamenting him coming back. But when Drew initially posted his return to Instagram and especially when we walloped Brady twice in the regular season, practically no one was crying about Tommy not being our QB1.
That's the very definition of selfish.
But I believe you are completely wrong. Brees came back to win because he felt he had one more season left. Unfortunately he was wrong and that cost us a chance at Brady and another ring or two.

Watching Brady carve up the Colts yesterday and feed Lenny Fournette to win a game they had no business winning, makes me wish so badly we had signed Brady last year. I know Drew was coming back and all but we would be going for a repeat right now if we had him.
Years ago I would argue passionately with anyone that said that Brady was better than Brees but Brady’s body of work is undeniable. You tread in dangerous waters with statements like this with many on here but the bottom line is that you are you are right.

Do you notice anything about these star QB's named Brady and Rodgers? They are 4 WR deep on their rosters, not 1 , not 2, not 3, yes my friend 4. Same with Stafford he is just underperforming

Lol. He was as close to perfect as a Qb could be vs us and the Chiefs.

Maybe I am remembering the wrong game but didn't he throw 3 picks against us in the playoffs last year??? And we still couldnt win.

That's the very definition of selfish.
But I believe you are completely wrong. Brees came back to win because he felt he had one more season left. Unfortunately he was wrong and that cost us a chance at Brady and another ring or two.
Then most of Whodat nation was being selfish by begging that he’d return for one more run. Brees didn’t want any different than a lot of posters on this very board wanted. You can do a simple search and find countless posters hoping that he’d further extend his stats in several categories because they didn’t want Brady to overtake him, but especially while dawning the Black & Gold.

Lately this board has been over run with revisionist history posts. But during the actual time it was happening, the majority on this board and twitter wanted to roll with Brees. Y’all are forgetting that at the end of 2019’s season Brady was the one everyone was calling washed. Most analysts and football fans outside of New England thought Drew had one more season in him compared to Brady. That was even more of a reason so many wanted to roll with “Old Man Drew” over “Old Man Brady”.

Most importantly, Sean was not about to hand over the reigns completely like Arians did, because Sean actually knows offense at a much higher level. Brady would not have gotten all his lil friends like AB and Fournette on this team like he did in Tampa. People are just assuming that Brady would’ve automatically brought us another chip and I just think far too many factors are being overlooked to get to that conclusion.

Maybe I am remembering the wrong game but didn't he throw 3 picks against us in the playoffs last year??? And we still couldnt win.
They should’ve been picked off, but weren’t. If our DB’s knew how to catch that game then this would’ve been the case. He did, however, go on the next week and throw multiple INTs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom