Really wish we had signed Brady last year (1 Viewer)

So, it begs the question.. Was it selfish of Drew, and how badly (and for how long) will it hurt the team? I love Drew and everything he stands for. But if the come-back was solely due to keeping Brady away, that's kinda crappy.

He felt that he had one more season left. I dont view it as selfish more than it is competitive spirit. Which is what you ultimately want from a professional. I dont think it was solely due to Brady, but it was a catalyst for sure.

You wanna be the one to tell him " thanks but no thanks" and replace him with Brady?

He and SP built this team to what it is today. Heck, if it werent for injuries, we would be in top 4 of NFC. There is no doubt.

Its one year. We wont finish any worse than 7-9 ( well 10 now ) which had been our low mark during his time here.

He had 10 TDs and put up 30+ points in every single playoff game and was SB MVP.
You must have missed him playing like Brad Johnson during the SB and I thought the only reason he got MVP was because they call back the interception on the flakey call, Fournette didn't score an earlier TD, and someone didn't get 2 interceptions on defense. lol

And Tom Brady didn't beat us nor the Packers. The Bucs defense got them to the Super Bowl and honestly won them the Super Bowl. They shut Mahomes down....but hey, there are still some that believe he won the Super Bowl with the same personnel and offense they had in 2019. *shrugs*

Watching Brady carve up the Colts yesterday and feed Lenny Fournette to win a game they had no business winning, makes me wish so badly we had signed Brady last year. I know Drew was coming back and all but we would be going for a repeat right now if we had him.
I just wish Winston had not been injured, and Michael Thomas had recovered.

MT probably wouldn’t have gotten hurt week one of last year either. I doubt SP would’ve try and run up the score if Brady isn’t with the Bucs.

If we're going hindsight, I wish we had drafted Lamar Jackson instead of Davenport. And it's not really a hindsight wish. ALL the pundits thought Lamar is why we traded up in that draft until they announced the pick.
So much this. I remember that day vividly.

You must have missed him playing like Brad Johnson during the SB and I thought the only reason he got MVP was because they call back the interception on the flakey call, Fournette didn't score an earlier TD, and someone didn't get 2 interceptions on defense. lol

And Tom Brady didn't beat us nor the Packers. The Bucs defense got them to the Super Bowl and honestly won them the Super Bowl. They shut Mahomes down....but hey, there are still some that believe he won the Super Bowl with the same personnel and offense they had in 2019. *shrugs*
Lol. He was as close to perfect as a Qb could be vs us and the Chiefs.

Eh, I wish we drafted Kyle Trask instead of Turner this year but it is what it is. The thing with Brady is at some point he's going to be gone and we'd be in the boat we're in now. Maybe we'd have another ring to show for it but there is no guarantee of that too many variables go into it. I'm glad we rode it out with Drew for one last year, just a shame that he lost our only real receiving threat so early and then had a truncated season himself, not to mention the lack of fans league wide. Brady with our current injury woes everywhere for example would look a lot closer to the Brady that pouts on the sideline, throws picks because he's pressing, and ditches the post game handshake than the one that lights teams up.
lol yea but another ring or two

Lol. He was as close to perfect as a Qb could be vs us and the Chiefs.
Yes, he was a game manager that played mistake "free" football while letting the defense cook.
But we lost our game in the 4th quarter (as opposed to them beating us) and their defense basically blanked the Chiefs.

Yes, he was a game manager that played mistake "free" football while letting the defense cook.
But we lost our game in the 4th quarter (as opposed to them beating us) and their defense basically blanked the Chiefs.
Lol. We lost because Brees sucked while Brady cashed in on all his picks.

Roger Goodell's head would have exploded...

"How do I screw the Saints and help Brady at the same time?"
This would have been the only interesting aspect to Brady being here. I wouldn't have renounced my fandom, but I wouldn't have been happy about replacing Brees for Brady. For all the people that are actually IN the NFL, it's a business; but for the fans, ALL we have are our emotions which means sometimes we're irrational. I mean, that's really the only way it can work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom