Reasons why NOT to give up!!! (1 Viewer)

StarSaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Before some of you jump off the bridge, please read the following. Dr. Starsaint is here to help...:)

1) Drew Brees was about to lead us to a tying score. He is absolutely CLUTCH and I can't believe he's our qb! We have been and will be in EVERY game this year with him leading the offense.

2)we STILL control our own destiny. because ATL lost, they are still a game behind us. If carolina wins, they are still 5-4; a game behind us.

3)all we have to do is win the division. we can do that. we'll learn from this game.

4)our defense played probably one of its worst games of the season and we still had a chance to tie up the game in the end. I don't see a rb getting 200+ yards on the ground on a consistent basis. that was just a fluke.

5)Reggie Bush is starting to "get it". he didn't dance as much and you saw the results. once he concentrates on holding onto the ball better lookout, NFL.

6)Pitt REALLY needed this win. they are a proud franchise and this game was similar to our ATL game. their entire season was riding on this one game for them.

7)we are not good enough, yet, to win every remaining game on our schedule so its better that we lost to an AFC opponent than someone in our conference competing with a playoff spot.

8)we have done pretty well bouncing back after the raven game, who's to say that we can't bounce back after this and really put it to the bengals (at home) next week.

9)we finally have players that are holding themselves accountable for their play. our coaches will get them ready for next week. Believe me, they will put this loss behind them and move on.

10)IT'S OUR YEAR!! I believe that we have too much positive karma and strong leadership to guide us at least to the playoffs. once we get there....it's ANYONE'S game; so why not ours?

we'll be ok, folks....

Who the heck's giving up? Without the turnovers, we win this game. Some days it just doesn't bounce your way. Sure, our defense isn't the Bears' defense, but our offense can score almost at will. The Saints are still going places this year, starting with taking the heads off those 'who deys' from Cincy. Next year, after an off-season concentrating on upgrading the defense...man, look out, NFL!!!!!!!
WHO DAT!!!!!!!

To tell a true Saints fan not to "give up" after this loss is akin to asking the average New Orleanian not to start a diet... because lunch is an hour away!

We ain't goin' nowhere! (My old english teacher will forgive me)

:hihi:

You make some good points StarSaint!

Drew is playing at a MVP level, and I love the way the Saints used Reggie in this game. The Saints still have a good shot of winning the NFC South.

Teams are exposing our defensive weaknesses......but with this offense, the team has a shot to be in every game.

Last edited:
Giving up???

We've got the second best record in the NFC!
We're leading our division!
We're 6-3!

Give up?

We're rarely in this position at this point in the season! I'm basking in it!

Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice post. Im still very optimistic. Better lose to an AFC team rather than an NFC cos that could come back to bite ya. If we beat the Bengals were 7 & 3 with 6 games left, DESTINY IN OUR OWN HANDS!! Nobody over here thinking of packing it in yet..........

Before the season the very thought of someone posting a "Don't give up because we lost to the Steelers but we still have the third best record in the conference" would have been an invitation for men in white suits.

Most Saints fans never give up.

When the playoffs are a mathematical impossibility the Saints fan says " There is always next year"

Give up? Give UP? GIVE UP?

I'm not even sad about the loss. It was a hard fought game but the Saints made some big mistakes. The Steelers, THE WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS, played their best game of the year and the Saints beat themselves. The Saints play mistake free football and this game is a blowout.

This team is better than the world champs IF they eliminate mistakes. They are good enough to beat the best playing mistake free. They are good enough to beat most if they make one or two mistakes. Make 5 or 6 and still make a game of it is pretty good too.

This is the best Saints team I've ever seen. Lets hope they prove it to the rest of the world.

Nice post. Im still very optimistic. Better lose to an AFC team rather than an NFC cos that could come back to bite ya. If we beat the Bengals were 7 & 3 with 6 games left, DESTINY IN OUR OWN HANDS!! Nobody over here thinking of packing it in yet..........

Great point about losing to AFC teams instead of NFC ones....if the Saints have to lose, let it be to those teams!

I dont know anyone who is giving up. We fumbled 3 times and lost by 7 on the road. Brees looks awesome and I have full faith in his abilities. Even with the loss we are still the 2nd best team in the NFC.

I think this thread puts everything in the right perspective. We were not gonna go 14-2 so to be 6-3 is great if you ask me. I will say that the Saints should have won the game so, to me, they owe me a game that they are not suppose to win or a game where it looks like for sure we are gonna lose but we come back and win. We still lead the division which is the goal. It is better to lose to an AFC opponent. Another thing I would add is, the Steelers gave us everything they had. We got thier A game today and beat up on them just as much as they beat up on us. I am very proud of my team playing as hard as they played. Man, any other year, and the score goes to 14-0, and it would be over for the Saints. They would put thier tale between their legs and get embarrassed on national t.v.. At least this team is gonna play thier heart out until the final whistle. No loss is good, but we must keep it in perspective.

At least we got rid of those ridiculous 41-2 threads (only to be rplaced by 13-3 threads).

This was a wake up call. Our special teams were very bad in the cold. I think the weather contributed to some of the mishaps and fumbles.

But can Brees and Colston play or what?? (same goes to Deuce)

Before the season the very thought of someone posting a "Don't give up because we lost to the Steelers but we still have the third best record in the conference" would have been an invitation for men in white suits.

Most Saints fans never give up.

When the playoffs are a mathematical impossibility the Saints fan says " There is always next year"

Give up? Give UP? GIVE UP?

I'm not even sad about the loss. It was a hard fought game but the Saints made some big mistakes. The Steelers, THE WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS, played their best game of the year and the Saints beat themselves. The Saints play mistake free football and this game is a blowout.

This team is better than the world champs IF they eliminate mistakes. They are good enough to beat the best playing mistake free. They are good enough to beat most if they make one or two mistakes. Make 5 or 6 and still make a game of it is pretty good too.

This is the best Saints team I've ever seen. Lets hope they prove it to the rest of the world.

exactly....giving up shouldn't even be mentioned

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom