Reasons Why we Should be Thankful to have Rob Ryan/Looking Forward to Next Year (1 Viewer)

BodyofBreesus

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I wanted to create this thread in order for those of us with positive feelings, thoughts, and opinions towards Rob Ryan to post your input here collectively. My reasons for doing so are highlighted by a couple basic premises. First off, I'm tired of the negativity of bountygate and tired of dealing with everything our Saints had to go through last year. The Saints are one of the biggest passions in my life and it seems like every win is an inspiration to not only me but to the city of New Orleans, especially if you know a little bit about the Saints' history.

One of the biggest challenges this offseason, which ultimately will define next season, is handling our defense. Making the switch to the 3-4 and hiring a new defensive coordinator couldn't have made me happier. Most of the best teams run a 3-4 and it was about time we made the switch. Rob Ryan has had NFL experience and is a relatively well respected coordinator in the community.

While many on here want to believe that their input and opinions are being evaluated by Loomis and Payton, I think most can agree that they're not. Therefore, what is the point of creating any more negativity towards the defense than there already was? Any concerns aren't gonna change the direction we're going in so in reality, the only thing complaining about Rob Ryan is gonna do is make you more upset. I don't believe any of us want more worries about our Saints after having to deal with last year. So why not just focus on the good and get excited about next season?

The stories and backgrounds behind our players, Drew Brees in particular, really are incredible. How successful some of them have been is what makes this team an endless inspiration. I don't think anyone who truly believes that and calls themselves a diehard saints fan wants to do anything but support our team. So, lets leave the negative thoughts and opinions behind, because they're really not going to change anything/have any impact whatsoever on what's gonna happen next year. The Saints feed off the positive energy and fanbase support in the dome and even off it. They get nothing out of worry and concern.

1. Most of the best teams run a 3-4 defense

2. We have young unwitnessed talent that will be utilized next season in the 3-4 defense

3. The last time the Saints got a new aggressive defensive coordinator, we won the Superbowl and you better believe Payton will have a better handle on him this time for the future

4. Look at the last 3 teams Rob Ryan has coached for and how dysfunctional their FO and organization was compared to ours: Raiders, Browns, Cowboys.

5. Our personnel fits the 3-4 much better.

6. Who knows how much Sean was analyzing defenses last year and his potential involvement in our defense next year could shock everyone.

I'm also personally incredibly excited to see Cam Jordan continue to grow and develop. After meeting him and getting to know a little bit more about the defense last summer, I've really started to take an interest in the defensive side of the ball.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/spent-about-3-hours-cam-jordan-232826/?highlight=hours+cam+jordan

The things he told me about Junior were so awesome that I was like, man if we could get him beasting in OLB in this 3-4 now, how awesome would that be?

I'd like to keep this thread going as long as we can about the positive things to look forward to for next season and just leave the concerns and worries somewhere else. Again, those don't do anyone any good. Payton isn't call us anytime :hihi:

Go Saints! Welcome aboard Rob. I'm all for the hair by the way.

The problem with negativity is that it won't get you anywhere and will only make you more bitter. I agree that Ryan was not my most preferred for the job but now that he is the DC, he's got my full support. Payton and Loomies sure know more about football that I do so I will trust their judgement so here is to a new and wonderful season.

I hear you dude. I'm already super psyched and it's barely February. The only thing that concerns me is that I'm fairly certain the NFL doesn't want us winning another championship anytime soon. Let's see if this game is actually as legit as they claim.

I hear you dude. I'm already super psyched and it's barely February. The only thing that concerns me is that I'm fairly certain the NFL doesn't want us winning another championship anytime soon. Let's see if this game is actually as legit as they claim.

This conspiracy really needs to be put to bed. You do realize that you're insinuating that the super bowl was given to us by saying that were being blocked from winning it, right?

This conspiracy really needs to be put to bed. You do realize that you're insinuating that the super bowl was given to us by saying that were being blocked from winning it, right?

Hey you're right. It's just hard not to be skeptical after everything that happened to us last year. I certainly didn't want to derail this most excellent thread.

1. Rob Ryan can't do any worse than Spags.
2. He should be good for a few laughs in interviews.
3. He's the guy they hired so I'm 100% behind him and I will be optomistic until there is a reason not to be.
4. A large number of people on here have been yelling for the 3-4 and now we're gonna get it.

Sean did and said all the right things publicly. He took his lumps and showed contrition and hired the closest thing to Gregg Williams that was available (other 'n Gregg himself.):scratch:

Maybe that's because we don't need a top ten D with the way our offense can perform. A middle of the pack unit would have gotten us much further last season.

In '09 we had a hyper-aggressive D that gained the offense extra possessions and those extra possessions made a huge difference.

Maybe that's what Sean sees in Rob. Now if we could only get another Sharper.

Ed,you ready to come back home?

1. Rob Ryan can't do any worse than Spags.
2. He should be good for a few laughs in interviews.
3. He's the guy they hired so I'm 100% behind him and I will be optomistic until there is a reason not to be.
4. A large number of people on here have been yelling for the 3-4 and now we're gonna get it.

This nails it. Agreed x 1000000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom